Lonely in Luton

Hook up with other paddlers
moreofaswimmer

Lonely in Luton

Post by moreofaswimmer » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:50 pm

Since returning from New Zealand in June and moving back down to Luton I have encountered numerous obstacles that have made it difficult to head away paddling, predominantly the cost of heading to a region with rivers on my own.

If anyone lives in the Bedfordshire/Herts/Bucks or even London area and heads up to the Lakes/Dartmoor/North East for weekend trips and doesnt mind me coming along for a paddle, please let me know :)

Many thanks

Mark Brockway

scottdog007

Re: Lonely in Luton

Post by scottdog007 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:28 pm

I'm near to you (Hemel Hempstead). I'm getting out a lot and would get out more if my paddling partners were more up for it.

I'll pm you and talk more.

p.sanger

Post by p.sanger » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:26 pm

i used to live in dunstable and went herts canoe club in hertford. alot of keen ww paddlers over there and theres always someone going off on a trip i think

scottdog007

Post by scottdog007 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:08 am

Yes Herts Canoe Club is a good club, I am a member of it and it is true they have a pretty active ww side, many trips are not advertised through the club website but via email or facebook. Hemel Hempstead are generally a marathon club but I hear that they also have a good group that gets involved with ww. Baldock is another consideration.

A new club that has started up is Chiltern Canoe Club (Tring).

You haven't bothered replying to my PM so I assume you have no interest in what I have said.

Phil Connell

Post by Phil Connell » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:34 am

PM'd

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:22 pm

That's bizarre. I haven't looked at Ukriversguide book for ages but for some reason thought I would have look tonight and found your post.

I live in Bedford, but paddle with the Northampton club who are really great. Their next trip is on the 11th/12th Feb and is grade 3-4 in the lakes. I reckon there's a good chance I could persuade the organiser to squeeze in an extra one if you fancied it- but no promises.

I don't paddle as much as I would like due to cost and lack of paddling partners (except for the Northampton folk) so if you would like to join me for a paddle some time just let me know.

Nat

Return to “Paddling Partners”