NEW ZEALAND PADDLING PEOPLE

Hook up with other paddlers
BOB MORRIS

NEW ZEALAND PADDLING PEOPLE

Post by BOB MORRIS »

Hi

We have recently moved to NZ (Auckland region) and have been struggling trying to check out the paddling scene out here

Is anyone a, or does anyone know of any, grade 3 ish white water paddlers / surfers in and around the Auckland area ??

If someone is willing we'd like to tag along on a white water / surf trip just to meet with some like minded people and get some boating in (bit scared to go on our own)

Cheers

BOB AND DI

New Zealand Paddlers

Post by Guest »

If you want to paddle grade 3+ regularly you'll have to come down south to the Waikato and beyond - so you're welcome to join in with us (Waikato Kayak Club). We paddle all year round. Most commonly at this grade on the Rangitaiki and Wairoa. Give me a call if you like on 021 471 980. Last Wairoa release is this Sunday so there is bound to be a healthy contingent (including lots of Aucklanders).

Kev (Te Awamutu)

krobmorris

Post by krobmorris »

Hi Kev

Thanks for that mate .... we are actually in Pukekohe and just about to move slightly further south to Onewhero so I dont think we will be far from you ??? (dont know how far tho ??)

Cant do this sunday I'm afraid - off to check out Raglan ... will be in touch tho ...

Do you have any more trip dates ???

Upcoming trips

Post by Guest »

Almost cerainly be some of us going down to for the Tongariro releases on Sat June 11 (Access 10) and/or Sun June 12 (Access 13 & 14)

We paddled Access 13 and 14 during the previous release last month. Brilliant trip - continuous grade 3 - 4 in fantastic scenery. Access 10 is slightly easier but probably better in 'natural' flows (i.e. around 16 cumecs) as a lot of the technicality gets washed out at release flows - still worth doing though.

Other trips tend to be 'spur of the moment' at this time of year - arranged by a few of us ringing around, although I have to admit I've been pretty slack lately and hardly been out at all.

Kev

paddlersteve

Post by paddlersteve »

Hey

Slightly off topic, but any of you know anyone who would be interested in a Dagger Outlaw for sale, its currently in Tauranga. Its in top notch condition and going for around $800.

I used it out there last year but couldn't bring it home.

Steve
stevewilfordAThotmail.com

Return to “Paddling Partners”