Sea Kayaking partners NE Scotland

Hook up with other paddlers
Stoney Mike

Sea Kayaking partners NE Scotland

Post by Stoney Mike » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Hi all,

I'm based in Stonehaven and am looking for partners for the occasional paddle along the Aberdeenshire coast, could also travel to Moray or Angus.

I'm not massively experienced, but do the occasional solo paddle around Stonehaven in flat calm conditions and have done a handful of paddles in up to F3 and low end moderate seas with other folk. I've done the Stacks around Anglesey many years ago and dabbled in whitewater for about a year even more years ago, and have my 2*.

I've been out with the local club a couple of times who seem like a great bunch, but due to shift work it'll be another month before I can make one of their meets. So I tend to be free at fairly random times, but if you're up for a paddle let me know and hopefully I'll be free. Please note my boat is a Prijon Yukon Expedition. I've not paddle this with others, but expect it is a bit slower than a more standard sea kayak.

Cheers,
Mike

Spikeedog

Re: Sea Kayaking partners NE Scotland

Post by Spikeedog » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:08 pm

I might be up for that but I'm planning to build a kayak from scratch so - I may be some time - as they say. Aboyne based and got a couple of experienced pals but I'm just getting some experience and at the start of a long journey.

Stoney Mike

Re: Sea Kayaking partners NE Scotland

Post by Stoney Mike » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:42 pm

Thanks for the reply, sounds like an interesting project, good luck!

Let me know when you have something seaworthy and hopefully we can get out for a paddle.

Cheers,
Mike