flat water playboat skills , southampton

Hook up with other paddlers
christopher.elliot

flat water playboat skills , southampton

Post by christopher.elliot » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:45 am

The past two years I've been trying things from Bow stalls, cartwheels, stern stalls , duple pumps etc.. but not getting very far.
I can double pump, but I cant stall anything! So what I'm asking is if there is anyone near Southampton , who has experience of any of theses and is willing to teach, guide or point out where I'm going wrong.
I don't have the money , and especially the time to go on a weekend course, so what I'm after is a kayaking buddy, who I'll happy pay for their time to help me achieve some of theses. As I say I seem to have little free time at the moment, so negotiating time and dates would be good for me.
Also I may be able to convince another guy, who is in a similar situation as me; but a bit older to be coached.

yabbadabba

Re: flat water playboat skills , southampton

Post by yabbadabba » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi there,
I can double pump, bow stall and have managed the odd cart wheel but none are with grace :-)
There is a spot in Salisbury I often paddle at, some times I make my way to Woodmills so if you wanted to meet up for a mess about let me know.
Some times its observation of what you are doing that can help and the age old just keep trying.

MaverickvRS

Post by MaverickvRS » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:23 pm

I'm in the same or similar boat - although not quite 2 years in... I'm down in Littlehampton, so a short hop along the coast.

I have a couple of pool sessions on the horizon, and we are camping at Woodmill in the summer so will be giving it another crack then, maybe the relic of a playboat I'm paddling isn't the most helpful? I don't know...

Anyone want to donate something newer than an Eskimo Nano?

christopher.elliot

Post by christopher.elliot » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Yabbadabba, iv pm'd , yea would be great if we could arrange something!