Any Paddlers around maidstone area

Hook up with other paddlers
davelavelle

Any Paddlers around maidstone area

Post by davelavelle » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi Guys,

OK, we have got ourselves ready to go kayaking, nothing fancy, just old fibreglass kayaks. They are water tight. I filled them up to test for leaks etc. So far so good. We also have the paddles and the boyancy aids so I think we are ready to go.

Anyways I just wondered if there were others out there that might from time to time like to meet up now and then in Maidstone area. We have done the BCU 1 around a year ago and are members of the BCU so are fully licensed too.

Theres, me and my partner Kirsty, we have 3 kids 10, 13, 13 also done the BCU 1 star but wont always be with us but being honest a fair bit as it was something I wanted to do as a family thing.

Id be interested to meet others now and then.

cheers Dave

nigelhatton

Re: Any Paddlers around maidstone area

Post by nigelhatton » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:59 am

Contact Maidstone canoe club they can cater for all your questions and paddling needs.
I was a member and raced there and clubs don't get any better.

davelavelle

Post by davelavelle » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:57 am

Hi Nigel

I know Maidstone Canoe club, yes its a great club, my boy did his bcu 1 star there and they are great. I just didnt want to spend money on membership just this minute as I have paid for other bits like bcu licence, kit ect.

I will join def a bit later

Thanks

TechnoEngineer

Post by TechnoEngineer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Also check out Meridian Canoe Club, who are a recreational club based in Bexleyheath:
http://www.meridiancanoeclub.com/
XL-Burn-3 / Monstar / Kodiak / My Videos

PhilBar

Post by PhilBar » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:19 pm

I would also recommend Maidstone Canoe Club, well I would as I'm a member.
I know it would be a bit more of an outlay but in return there are lots of benefits, use of clubhouse facilities including showers, toilets etc. Access to club boats of various types/disciplines to try, only drawback there is you will want a new boat! Lots of trips to go on and you would meet lots of fellow paddlers.