sea kayakers midlands?

Hook up with other paddlers
swampo

sea kayakers midlands?

Post by swampo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi, I live in Rugeley, Staffs and am relatively new to sea kayaking. I was wondering if there any other paddlers local to me who would be interested in weekday or weekend trips over to Anglesey or indeed any other spot for paddling sea kayaks.
I would say I'm intermediate skill level and have an Alaw Bach.
Thanks in advance
Steve

gypvan

Re: sea kayakers midlands?

Post by gypvan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Hello Steve.
Im also looking for sea kayakers in the area , Im from Wolverhampton, Have done more canoeing than sea kayaking but am keen to get more done , off next week to scilly isles with sea kayaking cornwall. have most of the kit excluding a boat but have the money ready and just need to decide which one to order , have considered the alaw , how is it ?
Im self employed so have a bit more control over time so will soon be looking to get some longer trips in .
hopefully speak soon
Dave.

swampo

Post by swampo » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:26 am

Hi Dave
The Alaw is brilliant. It was one of the first boats I sat in and it fit like a glove. I tried loads more but they just didn't 'feel' right.
I've had a few trips in it now from flatwater touring to a bit of surfing and it does it all very well. It's light enough to manhandle around the shoreline and to throw onto a roof rack.
With a bit of thought about your packing, you can fit tons of gear in the hatches.
I bought it for a great price from a top bloke from Market Drayton following an ad I placed here, so it may be worth doing the same as I had loads of replies.
When you get a boat sorted, get in touch, I'm available during the week and weekends.
Regards
Steve

spenseakayaking

Post by spenseakayaking » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:35 am

Hi, I'm in the Midlands and about to complete my 3*
Looking to hook with like minded sea kayakers too.
Usually paddle in Anglesey and Studland Bay but always open for new trips. Practice in the Avon Rescues etc in the summer evenings.
Usual paddling partner is just completing his 4* Leader so more paddlers with us welcome.
Spence

999birdie

Post by 999birdie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm based in Birmingham and would be definitely be up for some trips - both day and overnight. I paddle a Delphin. Not done any certificates, but looking at the criteria, I reckon I'm somewhere between a 3* and 4* level.
Nathan

T00mm

Post by T00mm » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:16 am

There are quite a few Facebook groups near the coast of north wales and Liverpool area that get involved in sea kayaking. Maybe try there?