Norway - August 2015

Hook up with other paddlers
PMB

Norway - August 2015

Post by PMB »

Hey UKRGB,

I was wondering if anyone is planning on going to Norway in August & has a spare seat or would be interested in another paddler coming along with them/their group.

Whilst I'm going back to Val Sesia/Tessin in May and Austria in June, I fancy something a little different with the extra holiday I've yet to take. I'm a competent class IV+ paddler who runs the occasional V & enjoys a fair amount of playboating as well. I've boated in the Alps (French, Austrian, Swiss, Italian & Slovenian) a number of times and paddled the White Nile a few years back; typical runs on my trips last year were the Egua, Lower Sermenza, Lower Venter Ache, Brail Gorge, Inn Shoot.

From a quick look online it looks as if the Bergen ferry won't be running again this year, but I have a full driving license so would be happy to help out - either with the driving from the UK, or with hiring a car in Norway.

I get out regularly in North Wales and the Lake District so let me know if you'd like to chat through plans on the river.

Phil
Phil B

Return to “Paddling Partners”