New In Town

Hook up with other paddlers
jaredmitchell

New In Town

Post by jaredmitchell » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:51 pm

I have just moved to Bethesda and looking for people to paddle with and show me some of the local runs, I am from New Zealand I have all my own kit apart from my boat as the airline would not let me bring it from the states! So if there are any boats kicking around or for hire could you please let me know. Here is a link to some footage of mine just to let you know I can hold a paddle and not slow you down to much.

Cheers for the help
Jared

jaredmitchell09@gmail.com

banzer

Re: New In Town

Post by banzer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Welcome to the UK Jared.

There's lots of N Wales paddlers around so you shouldn't have a problem. Though you might with flows for the next couple of months! A good summer dump should bring the Ogwen up and the Fairy Glen isn't too far away. Paddlers will mysteriously appear. (What they do the rest of the time is a mystery.) In the meanwhile if you want a nice grade 3 bimble go check out the dam release Treweryn near Bala.

Make sure you get on the: Conwy (Fairy Glen) / Lledr / Mawddach / Gamlan / Nantgwyryd..... enjoy
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

Poke

Re: New In Town

Post by Poke » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:57 pm

Might be worth trying out the "North Wales Paddlers" Facebook group...

... or just turn up at the Glen put-in after work (say, about 5.30pm) when the levels are above about 1.3m and keep your fingers crossed someone turns up... They usually do, especially if it's been dry for a few weeks...
Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures