American traveler looking for some whitewater kayaking

Hook up with other paddlers
jessemillerjom

American traveler looking for some whitewater kayaking

Post by jessemillerjom » Wed May 14, 2014 7:24 am

Hi there,

Ill be traveling through to the Scottish Highlands from June 7th - 20th. Planning various stops for mountain biking, climbing, hiking and a few other adventures. I would love to find some whitewater to get on and some people to paddle with. Im a pretty advanced paddler and would be up for pretty much anything (I dont say out of arrogance or as a challenge, just an idea of where my skills are) ;-) .

Would there be anyone in the area that would be up for some paddling during that time?

Thanks

-Jesse

Poke

Re: American traveler looking for some whitewater kayaking

Post by Poke » Wed May 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Boating in Scotland at that time of year is very hit and miss because it is all rain dependent and it rains less during the summer... However, the MoristonRiver sounds right up your street, is dam released and has just started its series of summer releases. Think Tuesday evenings and Wednesday mornings. Look at the Scottish Kayakers facebook group for some more recent photos. You should find someone to join on that run at the very least.

Also, you don't say whether you have a boat or whether you need to rent/borrow one?
Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures