North west Paddler sought

Hook up with other paddlers
Claret_john

North west Paddler sought

Post by Claret_john » Thu May 08, 2014 11:38 am

anybody doing any paddling in the North West in the next few weeks i can tag along with?

jamiemagee

Re: North west Paddler sought

Post by jamiemagee » Thu May 08, 2014 4:20 pm

What sort of paddling and where abouts?

Claret_john

Post by Claret_john » Thu May 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Kayaking.

im 3star at the moment but a little rusty.

looking to go around lancashire or the lakes.

jamiemagee

Post by jamiemagee » Thu May 08, 2014 9:33 pm

I'm 0 star... I'm meant ww/ touring. I'm free Monday if you fancy the lakes

Kayak Maccaz

Post by Kayak Maccaz » Mon May 26, 2014 8:25 pm

Hiya CJ,
Have you managed to seek out any North West paddlers yet?
I'm from Manchester and can often be found kayaking around the region (and beyond) with my buddies. Currently grades 1 to 3 (but rising!). Always looking to get on the water as much as possible.
You can check out some of the rivers I've run on my YouTube channel (Kayak Maccaz).
We get out most weekends (levels permitting) and I can also be available weekdays.
Give us a shout if you want to join us!

skargard

Post by skargard » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:55 am

Hello everyone

I'm based in Manchester and looking for paddling partners over the summer - would like to get more time off Anglesey for example but I know the tides and currents are tricky and would feel better with someone else if I did. I'm a BCU 3* and have my own kayak (collapsible Trak).

Cheers

Eric

NevillefromCarnforth

Post by NevillefromCarnforth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:20 pm

Im based in kendal and up for doing something.lakes rivers are dry at the mo but lakes themselves offer some theraputic flatwater paddlingpaddling

skargard

Post by skargard » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:32 pm

NevillefromCarnforth wrote:Im based in kendal and up for doing something.lakes rivers are dry at the mo but lakes themselves offer some theraputic flatwater paddlingpaddling
Sure I would be up for a spell of flatwater paddling.

buxtonmick

Post by buxtonmick » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Eric, I'm in the same position as you (but I'm not 3 star yet!) would prefer to go out with someone else, sea kayaking only. Initially Anglesey and the Lleyn appeal as they're not too far and offer paddles to suit.

Cheers, Mick.

Kayak Maccaz

Post by Kayak Maccaz » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:14 pm

skargard wrote:Hello everyone

I'm based in Manchester and looking for paddling partners over the summer - would like to get more time off Anglesey for example but I know the tides and currents are tricky and would feel better with someone else if I did. I'm a BCU 3* and have my own kayak (collapsible Trak).

Cheers

Eric
Hi Eric,
I'm based just down the road from you so we have the choice of a few rivers locally, although I'm always up for trying out water further afield. Looking to do the River Goyt yet again this Sunday if the levels are high enough so if you want to join us, let me know. If the Goyt is too low, we will probably be on the Mersey.
Cheers
KM

skargard

Post by skargard » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:05 am

buxtonmick wrote:Eric, I'm in the same position as you (but I'm not 3 star yet!) would prefer to go out with someone else, sea kayaking only. Initially Anglesey and the Lleyn appeal as they're not too far and offer paddles to suit.

Cheers, Mick.
Sounds good - definitely some possibilities then. I'll PM you.

skargard

Post by skargard » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:14 am

Kayak Maccaz wrote:
skargard wrote:Hello everyone

Cheers

Eric
Hi Eric,
I'm based just down the road from you so we have the choice of a few rivers locally, although I'm always up for trying out water further afield. Looking to do the River Goyt yet again this Sunday if the levels are high enough so if you want to join us, let me know. If the Goyt is too low, we will probably be on the Mersey.
Cheers
KM
Hi KM,

I won't be around this Sunday but thanks for the idea. Hadn't thought of doing rivers but possibly could try it.