Hi from Tiverton

Hook up with other paddlers
Hangman3

Hi from Tiverton

Post by Hangman3 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi People,
Just found this forum so decided to join and say hello.
I am just making a return to kayaking after 15 years off. I am in my 50s and am looking for people who paddle locally for the safety in numbers. I used to belong to Exeter club and regularly paddled the Exe & Dart. How things have changed since I last paddled, everything is plastic now. Having bought myself a Dagger Axiom, I haven't had chance to try it out yet. Although 15 years & several heart attacks since I last paddled a Kayak I am keen to get back into it for the fitness & fun. So if there are any local paddlers that don't mind hanging with an old boy, then I would be keen to know.

Cheers,
Tim.

WRK

Re: Hi from Tiverton

Post by WRK » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 pm

Exeter canoe club are very active and friendly.

http://www.exetercanoeclub.org.uk/

dogsbody

Post by dogsbody » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi Tim.
As above. Exeter canoe club are still active and a friendly bunch. I joined last year after 20 years out and like you find ...the boats have changed .. in my view for the better.
Mike

joegreenway

Post by joegreenway » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:57 am

Hello tim,

im on the river exe on a weekly basis. River levels are high atm, and im allways keen to have a padding partner. Do you wanna arrange a paddle for next week sometime?
baised in tiverton,

joe

JonathanB

Post by JonathanB » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Hello all
I know this thread goes back a while but I thought I would post something and say hello. I too live near Tiverton and have returned to kayaking after many years out. I'd be interested in a paddle on the Exe if anyone is up for it?
Cheers
Jonathan

Paratrooper

Post by Paratrooper » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Hi ,is there anyone out there interested in paddling the River Torridge in North Devon. I am another retired old bloke who has a dagger stratos bequeathed to me temporarily from my son whose away in the army.l live near Bideford and paddled occasionally,but would like to meet a paddling buddy for companymy email is bobcooke3@gmail.com if anyone is interested.