Looking for kayak buddy?

Hook up with other paddlers
Kim91

Looking for kayak buddy?

Post by Kim91 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:56 am

My boyfriend and I have recently got our two star certificate and want to kayak more and more, but we cant convince any friends to join us, if you're in the south west (preferably near bristol) you could join us kayaking some time and maybe make it into a regular thing, we are mainly interested in white water kayaking.

Kim, 21 Bristol

Kim91

Re: Looking for kayak buddy?

Post by Kim91 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:20 pm

We do however need to practice more rolls and safety procedures on normal waters before moving up the white water grades, so if anyone is interested in joining us just reply to the post for contact details or more information! Thanks :)
Kim, 21 Bristol

dan.udell

Post by dan.udell » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi Kim

Have you tried looking into what the local clubs are up to? You can find a list of them on the BCU http://www.canoe-england.org.uk/findaclub.aspx

I am part of North Cotswold Canoe Club, based in Bourton on the water (i'm based near Gloucester though) but paddle during the summer at Symmonds Yat. Depending on what your level is this may help with your rolling but as we deal with lots of young kids (up to 3*) may be a bit basic for you

Alternatively I am looking to do more paddling away from the club once the rain comes so if you want someone to paddle with let me know

Dan

Kim91

Post by Kim91 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:38 pm

To kayak-bloke

I cant work out how to private message it doesnt want to send
I wrote:

Hey thanks for replying. I am actually still awaiting my kayaks delivery as dagger are behind, but i definitely talk to tom, we wanted to try out the centre anyway to practice so it would be cool to meet up with you when we do go and then test out other waters :)

Thanks again. I shall be in touch :)
Kim, 21 Bristol

Kim91

Post by Kim91 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:40 pm

dan.udell wrote:Hi Kim

Have you tried looking into what the local clubs are up to? You can find a list of them on the BCU http://www.canoe-england.org.uk/findaclub.aspx

I am part of North Cotswold Canoe Club, based in Bourton on the water (I'm based near Gloucester though) but paddle during the summer at Symmonds Yat. Depending on what your level is this may help with your rolling but as we deal with lots of young kids (up to 3*) may be a bit basic for you

Alternatively I am looking to do more paddling away from the club once the rain comes so if you want someone to paddle with let me know

Dan

Thanks dan, we will probably take a look at the bristol club to see how we get on, and if we want to localish paddle wothout the club we will get in touch if i can work out how to private message :)
Kim, 21 Bristol

Kayak-Bloke

Post by Kayak-Bloke » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Kim91 wrote:To kayak-bloke

I cant work out how to private message it doesnt want to send
I wrote:

Hey thanks for replying. I am actually still awaiting my kayaks delivery as dagger are behind, but I definitely talk to tom, we wanted to try out the centre anyway to practice so it would be cool to meet up with you when we do go and then test out other waters :)

Thanks again. I shall be in touch :)
Cool, let me know when your kit arrives, you can hire boats from the shop at ciww for a tenner.

Return to “Paddling Partners”