River Dart buddy wanted

Hook up with other paddlers
rossmelevine

River Dart buddy wanted

Post by rossmelevine » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Sort of moving down to (or at least spending lots of time in) the South Hams in Devon from the end of this coming September and over the Winter.
Looking for guys or gals to paddle the Dart loop and lower sections. Possibly some other rivers too, although I've done these Dart sections before. I'm an intermediate level paddler with equipment and boats, ideally want to hook up with paddlers similar or more experienced than me (to learn a thing or two from!). Of course have my own car (with room for 2 or 3 boats). Ideally looking to join or make a small group of people - Any age, any type, anyone, as long as your looking for sensible fun. :-)

About me; I'm 30 years old, male, fit and active, like outdoorsy stuff and with kayaking I can hack a fast or mild pace. Come from Bournemouth, but when I'm in Devon I will be on holiday, so will have lots of free time. Dont be afraid to ask me questions and contact me. rossmelevine@gmail.com

StillNewish

Re: River Dart buddy wanted

Post by StillNewish » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Are you on facebook?

If so, join the group 'kayaking on the River Dart'. Looks to be a good place to get the latest on water levels, who's paddling, joining others etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/kayakingriverdart/

Hope that helps, enjoy the Dart :-)

Cheers,
Colin

rossmelevine

Post by rossmelevine » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi Colin,
Yes I am on facebook. Thanks for the advice, will do that.
Cheers
Ross

Mark Dixon

Post by Mark Dixon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:44 pm

You can try Totnes Canoe Club, they do plenty of trips during winter months.

http://www.totnescanoeclub.org.uk/

Return to “Paddling Partners”