finding paddle friends

Hook up with other paddlers
Harri

finding paddle friends

Post by Harri » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi my name is H,

I have recently got into white water kayaking. I'm not very good at it but want to practice and learn more I don't own my own boat yet but hope to soon but due to lack of car its hard to get it around. I would like to find other people who like to paddle and live in a smiler area who may want to go white water paddling at some point I live near Salford quays.

banzer

Re: finding paddle friends

Post by banzer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Hi H
There are definitely some good clubs in the Manchester area, that's the best way of meting folks and learning new skills. The Burrs Country Park on the Irwell is a good training spot, people go there a fair bit. Good luck with the boating!
Rich.
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

Darekish

Post by Darekish » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:44 pm

http://manchestercanoeclub.org.uk/

I'm sure that we can offer what you are after at MCC. The club is based in Marple and owns a length of the river Goyt that offers some easy WW for fun and training year round.

http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/rive ... river-goyt

For more info contact me at: secretary@manchestercanoeclub.org.uk

:-)

Harri

Post by Harri » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:16 am

thanks Darekish I have looked at Manchester canoe club. I don't have transport and wasn't sure weather it was to far on public transport.

Darekish

Post by Darekish » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:27 am

There are busses that run through Marple stopping perhaps a 10 min walk from the club site so i guess that depends on timetables / connections etc. from where you are. The club has boats and most gear (BA, helmet, paddle) available for members to use our site on the Goyt so you would just need to bring personal kit like a cag, etc. with you.

Harri

Post by Harri » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:54 pm

I leave near Salford quays so not to far its just hard to find bus info but I'm looking into it :) but summer is a busy time so its taken a bit of a back seat but i will hopefully be coming soon

Return to “Paddling Partners”