French Alps / Austrian Alps 13-20th July

Hook up with other paddlers
wookiee_rob

French Alps / Austrian Alps 13-20th July

Post by wookiee_rob » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi guys,

I've got a paddling trip booked with 2 other guys at the end of this week and can't decide whether we want to head over to Landeck in Austria or Briancon in France.

Last big paddling trip we went to Austria, so looking at going out to France for a bit of a change this year but wanted to check the water levels before we plan anything.

I've found this website (http://www.eauxvives.org/en/niveaux/en-direct/index) with indications of water levels and paddleable rivers, however I wanted to see if anyone is currently out in either France or Austria at the moment, or has been out there recently who can give me a better indication.

I've been to France many times before in mid to late June and never had any problems with levels but never this late on. Looking at the current weather forecast for Briancon indicates lots of sun so hoping theres enough snow left to fill up the rivers.

If anyone has any info, advice or fancies meeting up for a paddle (mainly on grade 4/4+) whilst we are out in France then let me know.

Thanks,

Rob 07828 437731

Andy H

Re: French Alps / Austrian Alps 13-20th July

Post by Andy H » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi

France is running great at the moment with everything on a medium level and I have also just come back from Austria and most stuff there is running high at the moment.

Here is a great gauge for Austria just click on river levels http://www.gokayaking.at/Kayak-School-Arlberg.html#

Cheers Andy
The true challenge is allways within oneself

wookiee_rob

Post by wookiee_rob » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi Andy,

That's great news to hear.

Think we will definitely be heading over the French alps now, but might venture over to Austria if we have time.

Let me know if you will be out in either destination still soon and we can meet up for a paddle or a few beers if you fancy it.

Thanks again,

Rob

Andy H

Post by Andy H » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:35 pm

No problem Rob

Im flitting to and fro all summer from Austria to France so know pretty well whats going off water levels wise. I will be in the French Alps myself as from this Saturday and come and say hello if you see me. I will be knocking around in a blue transporter and kayak trailer.

Cheers Andy
The true challenge is allways within oneself

Return to “Paddling Partners”