rent your boat?

Hook up with other paddlers
cahill

rent your boat?

Post by cahill » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:40 am

I'm an experienced sea kayaker looking to rent or borrow a boat in the Truro area between July 10 and 20, or for any part of the period. I live in Anchorage, Alaska, and visit Truro annually. I'm on the small side, and used to a glass boat, but I'd be happy with anything that could get me on the water (I have in mind the Fal). If anybody's interested, I could reciprocate with assistance in getting a boat and some informal guiding in Prince William Sound or on the Yukon (for the Yukon River Quest next year, if you're interested). By the way, the weather's been sunny and warm all of June; you should come quick.

samc

Re: rent your boat?

Post by samc » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:11 am

Hi,
I have got a bit of a battered tiderace you could borrow ( and a paddle and buoyancy aid etc) , or could probably arrange for you to borrow a friends capella.
The boats are about 30 miles from truro though near Penzance. Let me know what you think. The reason I can lend you my tiderace is because I will be in Canada ( in fact will be there 29th june) and am at this very late stage trying to see about borrowing/hiring a boat etc ( have left it a bit late I know.) Wanting to paddle near Vancouver island or near there somewhere if you had any contacts or ideas of forums or things to try ( I do realise that Alaska and Vancouver are different places, but thought it would be worth a try to see if you had any contacts - but offer of boats stands regardless of whether you can help with my last minute Canadian request.
Cheers

sam
PS I am an experienced sea paddler

samc

Re: rent your boat?

Post by samc » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:12 am

Hi Frank - still on to lend the boat - not managing to send pms - but have sent you two emails ( via your forum details ) with my email address so we can sort out the details via email. Hopefully you have got them and will respond soon via email so we can get it sorted. cheers Sam

Return to “Paddling Partners”