New paddler in Abingdon

Hook up with other paddlers
R6-JAY

New paddler in Abingdon

Post by R6-JAY » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Alright lads, just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm currently in Afghan but due back in September so won't be paddling for a while but wanna get a kayak sorted for when I get back.

I done some kayaking a few years back for adventure training in the army and really enjoyed but never had a chance to get into it due to other commitments.

Is their many other paddlers in the Abingdon area ?

snuggle_bunny

Re: New paddler in Abingdon

Post by snuggle_bunny » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:58 pm

sorry dude- north lancs here. if youre ever up in cumbria, yorkshire area drop me a line. here is the link to the kingfisher canoe club in abingdon

stay safe
http://www.standbrook-guides.com/towns/ ... ngdon.html

snuggle_bunny

Post by snuggle_bunny » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:59 pm

chriscw

Post by chriscw » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:11 am

I am not quite in the Abingdon area, being 40 miles away in Basingstoke. I know there are regulars in the summer at Abingdon Weir and I have several friends who are members of Mainstream around the area too. Let us know when you get back and if you have not already found a local club by then I am sure we can put you in touch with people to paddle with. I also have some friends who do medieval battle re enactment who live there and own a canoe and keep asking me to take them out for a paddle so I will be going that way from time to time.
Chris Clarke-Williams
Location Basingstoke

Paddling Interests:
Touring, Coaching Beginners (I am an L2K), Surf White water trips, Weir Play (I'm not good enough to put freestyle!)

Jonny Kennedy

Post by Jonny Kennedy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:19 am

Hi, there is a good active club in Abingdon - Kingfishers, with about 60 members on and off. The club night is on Wednesdays meeting down on the Thames next to Abingdon rowing club. http://kingfishercanoeclub.co.uk/about/contact-us/
They also do regular trips at weekends and holidays to rivers further afield than the Thames.
regards

Jonny

R6-JAY

Post by R6-JAY » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:37 am

Thanks Joni I think I will be joining them when I get back thanks for all your help guys

Return to “Paddling Partners”