Paddling Partners in london area or the south

Hook up with other paddlers
Lil Miss Boater
Location: Lake district (Hurrah out of the big smoke at last!!)

Paddling Partners in london area or the south

Post by Lil Miss Boater »

Have moved back to the olds in south london for winter but most of my mates round here are big time townies and wudn't get near a boat! I'm working towards 4* and cud to with some more practise so if u live locally and wana boat thats cool, I have a car, roof rack and kit. A bonus if anyone fancied a bit of coaching too that b great. Never made it to the wiers up london but would be willing to try them out (water willing).
Im also happy to travel or pick people up on the way to the water (where ever that may be!!)

Hope peeps are around to go and play!!

:o)

Poke

Post by Poke »

Imperial College have an active canoeclub if you don't mind student types :-) http://www.union.ic.ac.uk/rcc/canoe/

We're off on a trip to north wales this weekend.. If you're interested in that mail the comittee.. They might be especially interested as think that we're a little short on transport for this trip?!

Alternatively Regents Canoe club are pretty active, though i haven't paddled with them myself..
Uniyaker - Uni expeditions
Team Pyranha - My adventures

Lil Miss Boater

Cheers poke!
will have a lil look see!
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him learn it within himself." Galileo

katy

Post by katy »

im in london, just south of the river at new cross. got my 4* and would definatley be up for some hurley action, or whatever really. gimme a bell chick! 07792155553

waverley610

Re: Paddling Partners in london area or the south

Post by waverley610 »

Lil Miss Boater wrote:Have moved back to the olds in south london for winter but most of my mates round here are big time townies and wudn't get near a boat! I'm working towards 4* and could to with some more practise so if you live locally and wana boat thats cool,
There's a club right on your very door-step; Croydon Active Paddlers, someone of your ability would be most welcome, we've even got a pool in Warlingham for coaching/staying warm.

If you don't fancy the club scene, then why not hook up with us individually for a weekend jaunt.. or local paddle on the Thames weirs?

chas _ at _ touch-wood.demon.co.uk

Lil Miss Boater

Heya waverley,
I have tried to email people at the club about 5 times and have heard nothing back yet so i came on here. But thats cool im up for helping out and all that stuff, i will look up the next pool session and come along perhaps! Its only up the road after all.

Sarah
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him learn it within himself." Galileo

waverley610

Post by waverley610 »

Lil Miss Boater, please check your email.

The club website obviously not the most 'active' place,

I'd love to say we're all too busy paddling, but that would be lying.

Bob Flanagan III

Post by Bob Flanagan III »

waverley610 wrote:Lil Miss Boater, please check your email.

The club website obviously not the most 'active' place,

I'd love to say we're all too busy paddling, but that would be lying.
Because you are too busy swimming Waverly.

Lil Miss Boater, you shouldn't be put off by Waverly's hair, the mullet is gone and he is now almost house trained.

EdC

Post by EdC »

Us folks over in Battersea can often do with some help coaching as we've got lots of new people joining.
see www.batterseacc.org
or you can just join in on our trips.

cheers
Ed

Return to “Paddling Partners”