India and Nepal

Hook up with other paddlers
James Monypenny

India and Nepal

Post by James Monypenny » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi,
I am going to be out in India and Nepal between August and December.
My plans are currently very fluid. Probably be boating in Nepal.
Looking for potential boating partners.
Also does anyone know of any non-commercial trips being planned that I may be able to tag onto?
Any ideas on costs of boat rental in Nepal?
Anyone selling a WWguidebook to Nepal?
Do many people kayak-bum / season it out there, AKA is heading out there with no plans / no partners feasible?

Ta, James
jamesmonypenny@hotmail.com

purelandexpeditions.com

Re: India and Nepal

Post by purelandexpeditions.com » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:24 am

Yea its feasible to have no plans and hook up with other boaters. From social to commercial trips.

Yea boat hire is easy, We have 22 boats, other companies in Ktm/Pok also have some, prices range with quality from 15-25 US Dollar a day.

Yes we have some guidebooks.

inbox for more data

DAZ

(co author of WW Nepal)
Raft Kayak Trek Explore
purelandexpeditions.com

eveliina

Post by eveliina » Wed May 01, 2013 9:45 pm

hiya!

I am heading to Nepal in October for a month. I am going by myself and I was also hoping to find people to paddle with either beforehand or once I am there. I have couple friends who have expressed interest in joining me for week or two but nobody has confirmed anything yet. I am hoping to get on some G(3)-4 rivers once there and maybe do one or two commercial multiday trips as well. If G4's are not too mellow for you and you are looking for people to paddle with then get in touch (James or anybody else who might be looking for people to boat with)!

Cheers, Eveliina
eveliina.kallioniemi@gmail.com

chrissydawkins

Post by chrissydawkins » Sun May 05, 2013 7:00 am

Hi Eveliina

I think you might be the same Eveliina who has already emailed GRG? we'll keep our ears open for you. It is very easy to hook up with other paddlers in Nepal especially in October. If you are happy for us too we can pass your email onto others we know coming out here.

In Kathmandu you can come to our office (GRG's Adventure Kayaking) or in the evenings Tom and Jerries, or in Pokhara head to Charleys or Busy Bees, that's where most of the paddlers hang out.

We'll be in touch

Chrissy
info@grgadventurekayaking.com

Return to “Paddling Partners”