Sea kayaking Welsh (or not) Buddy who wants to paddle the Antrim Coast Ireland

Hook up with other paddlers
Anna Liffey

Sea kayaking Welsh (or not) Buddy who wants to paddle the Antrim Coast Ireland

Post by Anna Liffey »

Hello fellow paddlers – I am unsure if this is the place to post this question/enquiry? I HAVE ALREADY POSTED IT ON THE SEA KAYAKING PAGE. Anyway…. here goes!

Firstly, I have 2 sea kayaks to come from Wales into Ireland (North). I think the best option is through Scotland into the north of Ireland (Belfast or Larne). I am exploring all options! A possibility could be that a paddler was coming across and would be happy to bring the kayaks with them maybe wanting to paddle here - we'd show you Irish hospitality in return! The craic would be good. So, maybe someone would be interested. PS- Boats ready for collection next week. (Another option is to get them up to the Scottish port and we could bring them over as foot passengers.) Thank for reading.

Sean_soup

Re: Sea kayaking Welsh (or not) Buddy who wants to paddle the Antrim Coast Ireland

Post by Sean_soup »

It couldn't hurt to post the same on some UK and Irish sea kayaking Facebook groups, you never know your luck.

Here's a thought - Summit to Sea deliver kayaks all over the place. Very much a long shot, but it miiiiight be worth getting in touch with Pete Baars to see if they're delivering a boat anywhere near yours any time soon, and if so whether you could make it worth their while fetching yours back to Holyhead on the return journey.
https://www.summittosea.co.uk/

Anna Liffey

Re: Sea kayaking Welsh (or not) Buddy who wants to paddle the Antrim Coast Ireland

Post by Anna Liffey »

Thanks Sean Soup, Actually I need the boats from Wales into the north of Ireland. I think all the boat shops are struggling with delivering at the moment between Brexit and Covid Testing. ATM - I could get the boats up into Scotland - so, if anyone was coming over through Larne/Cairnryan and would/could carry two sea kayaks - that would work. Of course they would be rewarded with Irish Hospitality. Hopefully, a solution can be found.

Sean_soup

Post by Sean_soup »

Anna Liffey wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:50 am
Actually I need the boats from Wales into the north of Ireland.
Oh silly me, you mean that Antrim Coast Ireland! Ha ha, yeah, I did notice that but wasn't aware you already had a ride up to Cairnryan sorted.

The shop I mentioned is a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute walk from the Holyhead ferry port and it's unusual but not unheard of for foot passengers to trolley their sea kayaks on to the ferry, but it was just a thought and a ridiculously unlikely long shot anyway. Best of luck.

Anna Liffey

Post by Anna Liffey »

Yep, that was my plan but Brexit and Covid testing have scuppered that possibility - so, that's why coming from UK into Belfast / Larne would be less problematic.

PMcE

Post by PMcE »

Did you get this sorted? I'm coming back from North Wales Shrewsbury area to mid-Ulster in a week's time, with roof rack, and with my own little kayak.

Shops over here will not deliver .

Return to “Paddling Partners”