Looking for a Paddeling Partner in Darlington and near by

Hook up with other paddlers
adamjc13

Looking for a Paddeling Partner in Darlington and near by

Post by adamjc13 »

Hi all, my names Adam ive recently moved back to the North East and im looking to get as much paddling done as i can. Unfortunately the lad i usually hit the rivers with has gone back to university so i find myself stuck on dry land, this sucks especially with all the rain we've been having. If your from the Co.Durham area and find yourself in a similar situation, dont delay, contact today, i have my own car, i may not be ur 5 star elitist, in fact i cant even role, however ive found myself to be competent in rivers up to grad 3, however willing to give ne thing a go, im a good swimmer. So if ur near by and fancy a paddel, let me know!

Jim Pullen

Re: Looking for a Paddeling Partner in Darlington and near by

Post by Jim Pullen »

Hi Adam,

I live in Darlo, always nice to have local paddlers available! I try and get out most weekends, either North East or Lakes usually grade 3/4 if there's water, but happy to go for something calmer. Anyway drop me a pm if you fancy a local paddle like the Tees or similar. Also might be worth your while checking out local clubs? Swaledale Outdoor Club have a canoe section that are out most Sundays.

Cheers,
Jim.
Done any NE/NW rivers not on the site? PM me!

willbailey

Post by willbailey »

hi adam myself and a few others usually oranise trips around duham ,northumberland and the lakes so far in the last few weeks we have done only 2 rivers but come november we should be out most weekends the group can be up to about 15 strong but due to circumstances we have lost our bomb proof paddlers injury and work but we are keen usually the rivers are grading 3s with the odd 4 depending on the weather ,some are part of durham kayak club and the odd swaledsale club and some people just wanting a paddle even this weekend i have been stuck for paddle the wife has the car and no one wants to paddle i have been itching to get out but when there is no rivers we have been surfing with a good turn out at south shields if your intrested let me know cheers will

willbailey

Post by willbailey »

no.07927401652. there is a surf tomorrow if your intrested about 7 ft should be a good one ....will

Betty

Post by Betty »

http://www.kayakcoach.co.uk/rock/Welcome.html We paddle somewhere local (north east/yorkshire) most weekends. We also do pool sessions so you can learn to roll, and organise coaching and courses!

willbailey

Post by willbailey »

adamjc13 wrote:Hi all, my names Adam ive recently moved back to the North East and im looking to get as much paddling done as I can. Unfortunately the lad I usually hit the rivers with has gone back to university so I find myself stuck on dry land, this sucks especially with all the rain we've been having. If your from the Co.Durham area and find yourself in a similar situation, dont delay, contact today, I have my own car, I may not be ur 5 star elitist, in fact I cant even role, however ive found myself to be competent in rivers up to grad 3, however willing to give ne thing a go, im a good swimmer. So if ur near by and fancy a paddel, let me know!
if you want to do a cotherstone to barny today about 12 ish its a 2 hour run nothing greater than a 3 im game
will 07927401652

adamjc13

Post by adamjc13 »

Orite there Will, sorry i'm so late in getting back, i only just remembered i had posted this message and to my surprise found a great deal of reply's. I would be very keen to get on the river if you are planning any trips soon. Just let me know, if i dont reply on here feel free to contact me. 07531354233.

richings27

Re: Looking for a Paddeling Partner in Darlington and near b

Post by richings27 »

Hello,

I am also from Darlington and now without anyone to paddle with! I am available most days/nights, happy paddling anything up to and grade 4. Trying to get out as much as possible at the minute. Even if its just down the barrage for a few hours!

I have my own transport.

Rory

Dan Glasscoe

Post by Dan Glasscoe »

Sorry for thread stealing but I could do with some paddling buddies too, I'm from lower Northumberland/Newcastle area. Will, you sound like the man in the know.
My role aint bomb proof anymore and I'll run grade 3, I have run grade 4 but need to get back on form for that tom foolery again.

Dan

Samc967

Post by Samc967 »

Hi Adam,
I live in bedale which quite a bit away down south but I go to the college in Darlington (Tech) I'm looking for new paddling buddies seen as mine have ditched me, what boat do you paddle? I have a playboat if that helps. I can role but is not bombproof at the minute. If your ever wanting to get out on a weekend or something like that then pm me ad will organise transport for me to get there. Looking forward to trying to get out a bit more.

Cheers
Sam

Happy paddling
Sam

richings27

Post by richings27 »

Anyone about in the Darlington Area up for a paddle drop me a pm or reply.

Back in the area for a few months and up for any type of boating.

snuggle_bunny

Post by snuggle_bunny »

if youre in the lakes/ north lancs/ yorkshire dales drop me a line. am ok on levl 3, mild 4

Spudlad22

Post by Spudlad22 »

Hi I'm Mark from Darlington. Looking for a paddler buddy. I have a sit on top kayak with transport. Usually do the tees. Nothing crazy 😜

Return to “Paddling Partners”