Research some partners to go kayaking all around Glencoe , fort williams ...

Hook up with other paddlers
Thomas from France

Research some partners to go kayaking all around Glencoe , fort williams ...

Post by Thomas from France »

Hello every body
To beggining , I am sorry if I make some falts in my message ,my English is not very well 😅
My name is Thomas , I travel the Scotland for 3 month and I mix hiking , montaineering, canyoning and kayaking from Carlisle.
I am in the area of Glencoe and fort williams to the 25 February and I make a lot of packraft in the highlands but when I am lonely I don't go on the river more than level 3 and I would like go to more bigger river level 4-5 but it will be very dangerous for me to go lonely ....
And with the rain of the next days it will be perfect for the level of water than the 2 weeks before .
So if some peoples go kayaking in the next days I will be very happy to meet you and go kayaking with you :) !! And why not , after go drink a beer !
For the informations , the boat I use is a packraft ( for white water don't worry ^^ ) and I have all the staff of security we need in speed river : life jacket , helmet, plb, cords ...
So if you are interested for my proposition , write a me a message
Thanck you to take the time to read me and see you soon I hope ! 🌊🌊

banzer

Re: Research some partners to go kayaking all around Glencoe , fort williams ...

Post by banzer »

Hi Thomas

I'm not in Scotland but know it well. You should have a good time on the rivers up there, you should be able to paddle most / all of the Coe and Middle Etive as normal levels. Have you tried the Scottish Whitewater FB group? That might be a good place to find fellow boaters, as is the put-in for the Etive most weekends. Not too many people use packrafts though so you might have to convince kayakers that you know what you're doing! :)

Enjoy
Rich.
A. Boater wrote:It's all Pierre's fault
www.neviscanoes.co.uk

Thomas from France

Re: Research some partners to go kayaking all around Glencoe , fort williams ...

Post by Thomas from France »

Hello Rich !
Thanck you for your answer , yes I have tried some big river like Ayr and a lot a little river you can go just when the water is very high , it's a lot of slalom and door between rock and trees and water falls from 1m to 1m50 ( for that the packraft is perfect ). It's just a dream and a lot of sensations !!! :)
I don't knew this page on FB , I am going to to try now !
Good bye Rich and maybe see you some where in UK

Return to “Paddling Partners”