Crossing Iceland by Pack Raft

Hook up with other paddlers
NeilCox

Crossing Iceland by Pack Raft

Post by NeilCox » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi,

I'm organising an expedition to attempt to cross Iceland by pack raft in June this year. The team will walk for approximately 120km from Iceland's north coast, crossing the headwaters and then paddling approximately 180km on the Thjorsa river to the sea in the south west. Please see an advert with additional details at http://www.explorersconnect.com/teammat ... tes-needed - this is a useful website for the adventurous amongst you anyway!

The pack rafting team will be supported initially by a separate trekking team, now 90% confirmed. There are currently 3 members (although one hasn't yet fully confirmed) in the pack rafting team so I'm just looking for one additional person who would be confident on and can lead grade 4 (in a normal kayak).

I've lots of experience on long expeditions, including multi-day kayak expeditions and I've confidence in the team assembled so far. The advert only went live on Explorers Connect today so I expect to get a few responses from it over the next week or so - if you're interested get in touch quick by PMing me or sending me a message on WhatsApp on +977 982 387 0853 (I'm currently in Nepal). I've lots more information on trip plans and logistics that I can provide to those who might be interested.

Thanks,

Neil