Kayak summer holiday ideas for 2 adults & a 12yo olease

Rest of the world
Ava

Kayak summer holiday ideas for 2 adults & a 12yo olease

Post by Ava »

Hi, I’d love to do a kayaking holiday for a week or more abroad as a summer holiday. We are all pretty competent kayakers although only my son has has formal tuition through all the paddle power levels (old style ones finished last year). We’ve no white water experience but would be happy to gain some, or to formalise our skills before travelling if needed.

Google hasn’t been much help. I’ve found a few kayak trips and multi activity holidays- we could consider this but none of us are keen cyclers and cycling seems to be part of a lot of the trips.

I guess ideally we would like to go somewhere warm.

Any help would be much appreciated.
purelandexpeditions.com

Re: Kayak summer holiday ideas for 2 adults & a 12yo olease

Post by purelandexpeditions.com »

We offer family centered river trips in India and Nepal if this is of interest. Kayak, Raft, culture and more feel free to email me - Darren Clarkson-King, info@purelandexpeditions.com.
Raft Kayak Trek Explore
purelandexpeditions.com
charleston14

Post by charleston14 »

I’d look into something like the ardeche or Allier in France, I’m sure there would be hire places and guided trips.
supernadie

Post by supernadie »

www.zamoranatural.com/expedicion-douro-en-kayak/

8 dias bajando el rio duero portugues, de Zamora a Oporto. Sin dificultad. Visitas culturales.
John K

Post by John K »

I have taken my kids to the Ardeche with TNR Outdoors a couple of times and can thoroughly recommend them for a laid back holiday combined with excellent coaching and support. They’ll do kayak and/or canoe to suit you.

Adventure Ardeche also come highly recommended but I don’t have any first hand experience of them.
AlexPhilip

Post by AlexPhilip »

My favorite is the Pine River through the Huron-Manistee Nation Forest. You can pretty much camp anywhere in the forest along the river, I recommend this if you can pack everything into the kayaks. If we have novices, we will set up the campsite at the halfway point before we launch. I recommend asking either the Forest Rangers or a conoe rental shop for advice on launch points and campsites in the National Forest. I forget the name of the private campground we sometimes use, but it is in the Wellston area.

Return to “Everywhere else”