Lendal Paddlock replacement

Discuss equipment, technology, gadgets, repairs...
cydermaiden

Lendal Paddlock replacement

Post by cydermaiden » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:35 pm

The paddlock mechanism on my Lendal split-shaft paddle is starting to fail, after many years' faithful service. Does anybody know if I can get the mechanism replaced, since the paddles are too good to chuck and I'd rather not glue them into a permanently-single piece? Since Lendal were taken over by Werner, I'm not sure they'd offer a repair service.
Any advice gratefully received- Google defaults to adverts for window locks!!
Many thanks

Sean_soup

Re: Lendal Paddlock replacement

Post by Sean_soup » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:45 pm

Not Werner. Lendal are now Celtic Paddles (based at the same factory as SKUK in Holyhead): http://www.celticpaddles.com/index.php/contact-us

I'd be surprised if they're not willing to do a repair, they're very helpful. (But you might find them not very good at responding to emails, probably better to give them a ring.)

Ceegee

Post by Ceegee » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:29 pm

I previously (2010) bought a couple of these (buttons and internal gubbins) from Surf Lines in N. Wales who were very helpful, only cost a couple of £, (now snowdoniawatersports.com) but website seems to be down. The trick is to google "padlok" and not let google default to "padlock". Otherwise try Celtic/SKUK

Surf-Lines Ltd
Unit 2
Y Glyn
Llanberis
Gwynedd
LL55 4EL
+44 1286 879001
info@surf-lines.co.uk
www.surf-lines.co.uk
Cheers,
Steve C. G.

RickC

Post by RickC » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi Cydermaiden

Follow this link http://www.celticpaddles.com/index.php/ ... and-spares which will take you to the relevant section of Celtic Paddles website for the spares you are looking for. If you need further help speak to James on 01407 765550

Lendal were bought by Celtic more than three years ago and their new products are interchangeable with the original Lendal paddles produced in Scotland.

Cheers, Rick

simon64

Post by simon64 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Ive replaced a couple of paddlelock buttons, a bit fiddly but doable, think Celtic were selling the spares in packs of two, they also gave helpful afvice on the phone if you are struggling to remove the old button.
Valley Sirona Pyranha Fusion

MikeB

Post by MikeB » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Dont bother emailing - their customer service via email is (at best) totally sh1te. Call them - then you've some chance of getting the problem resolved. Mike