Kari Tek High Lift Roof Rack

Discuss equipment, technology, gadgets, repairs...
Daker

Kari Tek High Lift Roof Rack

Post by Daker » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Anyone on here own a Kari Tek High Lift Roof Rack and live in Edinburgh or Central belt of Scotland ?

I'm wanting to take a look at the version with the high lift winding mechanism without traipsing through to Ayrshire if at all possible at this point.
NB - I already have the older style Kari Tek rack without the winder so it specifically the all singing, all dancing version Id like to see.

And if anyone has one that's fitted specifically to a post-2007 Ducato / Relay / Boxer van, using Kari Tek's own rail system, mounted to the manufacturer's standard roof mounts, that would be even better. Or even any close-up pictures of one mounted to these vans would be useful please.

I've pretty much decided to change my rack for the later version (although still coming to terms with the cost !) but really just trying to decide whether to mount it to my existing cross bars or get the KT rails instead.

Thanks in advance.

Daker

Re: Kari Tek High Lift Roof Rack

Post by Daker » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Anyone ???

We actually drove past this exact van with one in Pitlochry on Sunday but it was chucking it down and nobody to be seen so thought I'd better not go snooping around someone else's van !

Daker

Post by Daker » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Resurrecting this post of mine from a year ago in the hopes someone might have one of these racks I could take a look at please ?

littledave

Post by littledave » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:08 pm

Hi Daker,
I live in Dalkeith and have a recently fitted high lift rack an a high top Ford Transit Custom camper.
I also have some photos of carrying and loading.

Please get in touch and I can send photos and / or arrange to meet up.

Cheers, Dave

Daker

Post by Daker » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:37 am

Dave,
Thanks a lot, I will PM you to discuss / meet up sometime.

Northern Blue

Post by Northern Blue » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:11 am

Hi Daker,

Did you get sorted ? I've recently had a Kari-Tek side lift (high lift) fitted to my Peugeot Boxer based camper, but living down in Durham might be a bit far for you to travel.

I'm just off Junction 60 A1 Motorway, if you're passing at any point.

Daker

Post by Daker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:20 am

Northern Blue,
Yes, I managed to get a good look at one fitted to standard Rhino cross-bars recently thanks.

Can I ask if your is fitted to the Peugeot roof mounts or of the KariTek longitudinal rail has been used, if so Id be keen to see how that works.
Im occasionally down your direction to paddle or windsurf so could let you know and, if convenient, pop by next time Im in the area.

Northern Blue

Post by Northern Blue » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Neither,

The converter is Auto-Sleeper and their standard longitudinal rails are cosmetic only.

To go for load bearing rails, I had to specify them as an optional upgrade at factory build stage and they fitted Fiamma longitudinals, with 4 cross bars. Kari-Tek mounted their system on to the Fiamma.