Mini kayak trolley wheels

Discuss equipment, technology, gadgets, repairs...
Phill2132

Mini kayak trolley wheels

Post by Phill2132 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:47 pm

Could anybody tell me the make /name of the mini trolley wheels which attach to the stern of a kayak please.

ruralweb

Re: Mini kayak trolley wheels

Post by ruralweb » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:38 am

Mal

Ken_T

Post by Ken_T » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:10 am

Hi Phil,
There is also this one http://www.h2okayaks.com/engine/shop/pr ... ak+Trolley from RUK.
Ken

SeaSkye

Post by SeaSkye » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:48 am

Anyone any experience of the "Pull-Over-Trolley" ? Would it handle a fully loaded Sea Kayak ?

Curph

Post by Curph » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:13 pm

Ken_T wrote:Hi Phil,
There is also this one http://www.h2okayaks.com/engine/shop/pr ... ak+Trolley from RUK.
Ken
I have this trolley and haven't used it successfully, it just will not stay in place. If I place it where the hull shape fits the cradle, there is nothing I can route the straps through to keep it there, if I use it where the deck line fittings prevent it moving it needs huge amounts of padding to prevent the boat wobbling like a mad shopping trolley. It does seem to be made reasonably well hut I think my boat is the wrong shape for it. I have a Nelo Inuk which is very light but also tapers significantly which I believe is what stops this trolley from fitting well. It's stated weight limit means it probably won't be suitable for a kayak loaded with anything other than a light day trip.

brianm400

Post by brianm400 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:26 am

I've used one of these for a while now. Very easy to fix to my sea kayak. Just strap it tightly in place with the long strong provided, then run a rope from one axle forward and around the cockpit rim and back to the other axle end to keep it in place, and the end of the long strap forward to a towing eye or something similar. This keeps it firmly in place and even rough ground causes no problems. Very light, compact and cheap.