Anyone fitted a bike carrier to their Kari-Tek roof rack?

Discuss equipment, technology, gadgets, repairs...
MartinG

Anyone fitted a bike carrier to their Kari-Tek roof rack?

Post by MartinG » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:19 am

We used to have a bike rack that attached with straps to the back of the car. It wobbled about a bit but basically worked. I gave it away though. I want to be able to carry bikes on the car and have seen various options as other cars drive by. That got me thinking about the Kari-Tek rack I have.

Has anyone ever done anything with their Kari-Tek rack to carry bikes on it?

I don't want to have to remove the Kari-Tek bars from the car every time I carry bikes. I leave them on all the time and just remove the moving rack.

Thanks.

pathbrae

Re: Anyone fitted a bike carrier to their Kari-Tek roof rack?

Post by pathbrae » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:36 pm

No problem fitting one as long as it comes with T Track fittings. Mine are Thule carriers with the locking tension nob at the bottom of the arm and they fit without any issues.
Pay close attention to the instructions which come with the carrier - I'm fairly sure the first instruction is to throw away the instructions......
So much sea - so little time to see it.

MartinG

Post by MartinG » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Thanks, makes sense.I found some T bolts from an old kayak carrier and tried them out. Those Thule carriers are pricey but look to be ideal.

jamiemagee

Post by jamiemagee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:47 pm

Check out the Cruz bici-rack​. Just got two and t track adapters from the roof box company and I'm very pleased with them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk