Palm Torrent Drysuit (L) For Sale

Whitewater and touring for sale and wanted adverts
d.e.hill

Palm Torrent Drysuit (L) For Sale

Post by d.e.hill » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:34 am

For sale is my Palm Torrent drysuit in size large.

Bought a couple of seasons ago, and used fairly lightly as I've been out of the country for at least 50% of each season! Has kept me warm and dry at every opportunity, and (like all my gear) has been washed out in fresh water, dried and stored out of sunlight after every use. It's also had its seals 'sealsaver'ed and its zips silicone greased on a regular basis.

It was sent back to Palm at the end of last season for a service, where one of the socks was replaced (common issue - you can see the slightly different shades in the sock photo), and it was then certified as water tight (they water tested it). I've used it once since then with no major issues! This suit should therefore keep you 99% dry for the next few seasons!

The latex seals are in good nick, with no signs of becoming tacky, as seen in the photos.

The whole suit has just been cleaned and reproofed (using the cleaner and proofer supplied by Palm), and water beads on the surface beautifully as if it were new! (see below photo of beading)

The only negative is that the "Palm" printed badge on each upper arm have now faded, but this does not affect the function of the drysuit at all. I'm sure you could get Palm to stick on some new transfers for next to nothing if it really bothers you...

All in all a great drysuit, which has seen light use and thus has plenty of life left in it. It's been very well looked after and is being supplied proofed and greased. Only being sold at this price because of the transfers on the arms!

£200 + £10 p&p

NF1

Re: Palm Torrent Drysuit (L) For Sale

Post by NF1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:12 pm

Is the picture of you wearing it pre- or post-Palm service? I ask because the photo clearly shows that the suit has entirely lost its DWR coating (the fabric is soaked) - something not consistent at all with your description of the suit having seen "fairly light use"; i.e. if you really have been cleaning and drying the suit after each use, completely ablating the DWR coating would take significant, heavy use.

I agree that in the lower photo the DWR appears to be functional.

Also, when you say "99% dry", do you mean that there is a defect in the suit, or are you simply referring to the fact that no suit keeps you completely dry? I appreciate that the latter is what you probably mean, but it's best that I check if I'm going to buy it!

Where are you based?

Neil

d.e.hill

Post by d.e.hill » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks for your reply Neil - sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was paddling all weekend!

The photo of me wearing the suit was during throwline practise, and was taken (literally!) seconds after getting out of the water (the throwline is still being packed behind me and there's a stream of water running from the front of my spraydeck), which may expain the wetting. The drysuit certainly doesn't/didn't and hasn't for a long time beaded like a brand new suit, which would seems to be a bit more what you're after? The photo was taken before Palm got the suit (taken in January of this year IIRC), but as stated above, I reproofed the suit with the cleaner and proofer they supplied once I received it back. For the avoidance of doubt, they did not reproof it.

99% dry refers to the fact that no dry-suit is completely dry (hence why I've moved to Kokatat!), but this one keeps me as dry today as it ever did. Which is mostly dry. There are no known defects other than the faded/peeled Palm transfers.

If you doubt anything I've stated above (which it appears you might), I'd suggest that may not be the best way to start a buyer/seller relationship, and this may not therefore be the drysuit for you.

I'm based in Bristol and Portsmouth, and after seeing the prices of new suits this weekend am happy to lower the asking price to £175.

cgood

Post by cgood » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:18 am

Hi - Is your Torrent drysuit still for sale? I'll have it if it is! - Chris (Devon)

d.e.hill

Post by d.e.hill » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:44 am

Yep Chris, still for sale.

I'm in Portsmouth at the moment, but will be back in Bristol next weekend, if you want to pick it up (preferable for me as I know you're happy with it)?

Or would you rather post it?

Dave

cgood

Post by cgood » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:42 am

Hi Dave.
I've no real worries with you posting it as I've tried on a large Torrent in my local store and it was fine (I'm 6 foot.)
As it happens, I'm going up to Bristol for an overnight visit tomorrow and coming back Friday. If the suit was at an address where somebody could hand it to me, then that would save you the hassle of posting it to me and me £10!!
Otherwise, I have no probs with you posting it to me and us sorting out a money transfer (£185 inc postage)
Best now if I give you my mobile number so we can get the job done - it's 07852630431.
Cheers, Chris.

d.e.hill

Post by d.e.hill » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:55 pm

Now sold.

Many thanks to Chris, a quick transaction and a gentleman to deal with.

Return to “Whitewater and Touring Gear For Sale”