Wanted

Open Canoeing for sale and wanted adverts
Alanmcp

Wanted

Post by Alanmcp » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:24 am

Hi new to this site and new to canoeing. Looking for a mad river canoe 14 tt or similar. Got a mad river 16tt the now but think the 14 would be better for me. Does any person have any review on the nova craft canoe 15 tuff stuff would be great. Am central Scotland 10 miles away from Edinburgh

Arthur

Re: Wanted

Post by Arthur » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:22 pm

I had a Nova Craft Prospector 15 - different league to a Mad River TT. Lovely boat and Tuff Stuff is quite difficult to scratch. I came to a horrible grinding halt in mine on its first outing, on the Wye - on later inspection I could barely see a mark. Sold it because I actually preferred the Wenonah 15ft Prospector and I prefer Royalex, which I drilled for air bags and narrowed to 34" at the gunwales. I'm sure you can, but personally I wouldn't want to drill and lace Tuff Stuff. Nova Craft have the best yokes out there, and while their laced seats are nice to look at, my backside prefers webbed ones.

If you have the money for the Nova Craft, buy it and don't break your back lugging a TT Mad River around... or if budget is an issue, better to buy the shortest of the Nova Craft Prospector SP3s - heavy beasts, but well fitted out and really nice to paddle.

Alanmcp

Post by Alanmcp » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi thanks or the reply is there much difference between the nova craft prospector 15. To the mad river explorer 16 that I've got the now it is a bit off a beast 💪

Bonehead59

Post by Bonehead59 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 pm

I’ve got a venture Ottawa if you’re interested. It’s 15ft and relatively slender.

There’s a great deal of difference between the NC and Mad river boats you’re discussing above the hull designs are completely different. It would be good to get a better feel for the intended use and your budget.

Alanmcp

Post by Alanmcp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:16 am

Am going to stick with the MRC 16 the now for the next few summers to see if am going to like canoeing as am
new to it.Away this summer to Durness canoe coming as well return back down the west coast
By Ullapool hope to do a few sea lochs this year. Want to give the river Spey a try.
Will the NC P15 canoe be much different to paddle on rivers and lochs to my MRC 16.
Info would great on th NC P15. The NC canoe does sell fast on eBay when they come on but do does MRC canoe as well
My type of canoeing going to be sea lochs lochs and some rivers with 2up but hope to start to get out on my own some times
So the choice is NC P15 or MRC 14 or the 16
Hope some one can Shead some ligh on the tow canoes