For Sale Venture Ottowa £400 Oxford

Open Canoeing for sale and wanted adverts
HWalker

For Sale Venture Ottowa £400 Oxford

Post by HWalker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:06 am

Beautiful Venture Ottowa for sale in Oxford, currently fitted with kneeling thwart but will supply original seat if people prefer (the kneeling thwart allows larger feet to fit in the boat when kneeling and lowers the paddler's weight making the canoe a lot more stable). No deep scratches, usual wear and tear from gentle club use- hasn't really been used on whitewater. I have links to Cambridgeshire and we have club members going to Wales, Northampton and Lee Valley on a regular basis so may be able to meet somewhere if Oxford is a problem.

Makes a lovely stable, manoeuvrable, easy to paddle solo boat. It paddles beautifully in a straight line, if I didn't already have a growing collection of boats and nowhere to store them, I would be buying it myself!!!

I can't work out how to put pictures on this :S but I have some so please do get in touch if you want to see it.

Makers Spec

Length: 13ft4” 406cm
Width: 33” 87cm
Weight: 51lb 23kg
Depth: ?
Capacity: 858lbs 390kg

Makers Write Up

The Ottawa by Venture Canoes is a modern adaptation of a classic design of canoe designed specifically for lighter loads and so makes an ideal solo canoe for use on flat water and gentle moving water.

The small size and narrow width of the Ottawa allow a more efficient vertical stroke to be used. Its great initial and secondary stability make it a fine confidence builder for those new to a single blade while the more advanced paddler will get plenty of enjoyment from its effortless maneuverability and ease of handling on and off the water.

Standard Features
Triple layer polyethylene construction
Tough P.U. Gunwales
Tough molded end decks and handles
One wood web seat fitted
One Wood thwart fitted

HWalker

Re: For Sale Venture Ottowa £400 Oxford

Post by HWalker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:07 am

Pictures can be seen on the Gumtree ad- https://www.gumtree.com/p/boats-kayaks- ... 1230722892

prichards76

Post by prichards76 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:58 am

Hi. Is this still for sale? The link to the photos doesn't seem to work. Could you email me a few please?

prichards76

Post by prichards76 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:59 am