Go Pro camera mounts

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
bobt

Go Pro camera mounts

Post by bobt »

...So, where do you put yours?

blurpup

Re: Go Pro camera mounts

Post by blurpup »

I use a helmet mount (stuck on with a safety lanyard as backup). Although my primary use is for river paddling - it does give a much better viewpoint than a low deck mount and also allows picking up footage off to the side (the odd seal etc). You do need to try and keep your head pretty still as you can get pretty seasick watching footage that is moving about too much!

I've also used a friends suction mount on the front hatch cover - and that gave some nice images using the periodic stills mode. Again a safety lanyard to the deck lines in case of emergencies.

Douglas Wilcox

Post by Douglas Wilcox »

I have not used my GoPro as much as I should have. I have no patience for editing video,

However I have experimented with a home made mount:

and a bought Kayalu mount

and I have also used a head mount:

and a deck mount:

But Gnarlydog is the person to ask... :o)

bobt

Post by bobt »

Some good suggestions. Just got one this Christmas so I want to mess around with alternative mounts etc.

Out of interest, how waterproof is the case?

Simon Willis

Post by Simon Willis »

Hi Douglas
Did you order your Kayaklu set-up from the US or UK please?
S

Douglas Wilcox

Post by Douglas Wilcox »

Hi bobt it is very waterproof.

Hi Simon, I had to order it direct from US, I spoke with Steve Hollinger of Kayalu and they do not have a European distributor at the moment. Even with the added costs of importing it as a one off, I think it is still excellent value for money. It is superbly constructed and you will have spotted how the ball joints make it so versatile and quick and easy to adjust.

Douglas

Miamaria

Post by Miamaria »

GoPro for Christmas! :) I hope for more pictures of camera mounts-solutions. I'm really wondering what to go for. I liked the pictures with the camera on stick and a bit to the side, but am not sure if I'll be able to make something like that. :(

Kayaks'N'Beer

Post by Kayaks'N'Beer »

I usually use a low back deck mount, or a front deck one. I use the sticky pads but I sometimes use the little armature from the big sucker mount that comes with the motorsport set to lift the camera up a bit. From time to time I'll use a helmet mount, too

Examples here: http://www.youtube.com/user/st4rlight2000

Agree with Douglas - the case is incredible. Mine was under breaking surf for somewhere between a couple of hours and a couple of days and, although I had to replace the outer lens cover, which was sandblasted all to hell, the camera was fine.

PS: Can't remember where but I recently saw some sort of swivel helmet mount that was the king of awesome.

Douglas Wilcox

Post by Douglas Wilcox »

Hello Kayaks'n'Beer there are stacks of ideas for helmet swivel mounts on the internet.

Douglas

mick m

Post by mick m »

Im patently waiting for my Go Pro to arrive, I curently yous ram acsesories, I liked them so much I now stock them.
but this is not an add, in UK your beter geting them local.
Kayalu youse ther components, and if you look at ther web site thers a hole heep of diferant parts that can be combined to make up a mount for eny ocasion, ther is a tripod thread avalabel that I yous on my Lumax ther realy bom proof.