Kayak surfing Morocco?????

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
GGWW

Kayak surfing Morocco?????

Post by GGWW »

Some friends of mine are surfing this January near Agadir. Anyone know of a surf kayaking scene out there? Anywhere that may rent out kit?

thanks.

LoopyLou

Re: Kayak surfing Morocco?????

Post by LoopyLou »

Hey,

We're heading out on the 31st December for a week, with a mixture of boats and boards amongst our group.

We went out a couple of years ago, surfed at the beach at Taghazout and I think Banana point but I could be wrong.

When you guys heading out ?

TwoHats

Post by TwoHats »

GGWW wrote:Some friends of mine are surfing this January near Agadir. Anyone know of a surf kayaking scene out there? Anywhere that may rent out kit?

thanks.

Here. Let me google that for you.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Surfing+in+Morocco

hoolabloom

Post by hoolabloom »

Went there earlier this year no scene as such so you ll not find any kayaks to hire. Plenty boards tho.

Was a very easy trip to sort just flew into Marrakesh got an the bus to the coast took a taxi to taghazoute then hired a car there to get around.

Trip report here http://www.peakuk.com/peakuknews.php?ar ... 1&sample=7

Taghazoute is a dry town tho so be sure to pick up beers in the supermarket in agadir if your that way inclined.

Dan

snigvan

Post by snigvan »

Imsouane is a great wave. Google it. Excellent for kayaks as its a long board style wave.
There's a steeper meatier wave outside the point.
There's not much in the village, a simple surf outlet & simple places to eat. Basic sums it up. (just my style)
Not far from Essaouira & wave on the way.
BEWARE Sidi Kaouki North end waves. Grim circular rips. (my surf here was nearly my last!)
I loved being in Morocco & first chance I get I want another trip.

Saw no signs of kayak kit to rent. Dead easy to haul my old plastic Neutron out. (nice light boat now)
Sat it on pipe lagging & tied it to the roof of the car with straps.

Anyway if you want more detail give me a shout.

GEOFF S

Post by GEOFF S »

A place that the locals call Cro Cro is on the Agadir side of Taghazoute just beyond Bannana village, near Devils Rock and seems reliable with a variety of waves in a small area. There is a beach right on the outskirts of Agadir on the road to Taghazoute which is also popular but the water quality is dreadful (below the cement works which might account for the water). l' Auberge in Taghazoute is a great place to stay but probably needs booking at that time of year. Its a SurfMaroc owned place run by some very nice, friendly local guys and overlooks the town beach. Haven't seen anyone else paddling anything on two trips there so definitely need to take your own stuff.