Outstanding customer service

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
Jonathan.

Post by Jonathan. »

I've just had a drybag repaired and returned to me at no cost after I carelessly put a couple of holes in it.

Such brilliant service doesn't happen that often so it's hats off and warm thanks to Ortlieb and their UK dealers, Lyon Equipment.
============
Northshore Atlantic
============

Jonathan.

Post by Jonathan. »

A hero-gram for Thermarest's UK representatives.

Last Thursday I returned my mat to First Ascent (along with an £18 cheque) after it developed a leak. Today, Tuesday, a parcel arrives containing both a new mat and my uncashed cheque.

Needless to say, I'm delighted to find a company that looks after its customers so well.
============
Northshore Atlantic
============

Ken_T

Re: Outstanding customer service

Post by Ken_T »

I would put Valley froward for outstanding customer service. After I had had my Aquanaut for about 6 months I damaged it rockhopping, Valley not only didn't charge me for the repair, but also arranged for the boat to be collected & returned without charge.
Ken

Kayaks'N'Beer

Post by Kayaks'N'Beer »

Ken_T wrote:I would put Valley froward for outstanding customer service. After I had had my Aquanaut for about 6 months I damaged it rockhopping, Valley not only didn't charge me for the repair, but also arranged for the boat to be collected & returned without charge.
Ken
Yes, but their website is out of date so it doesn't count! :D

Oarsome

Post by Oarsome »

Kayaks'N'Beer wrote: Yes, but their website is out of date so it doesn't count! :D
Not to continue that discussion here, but you're making a strawman. Noone is saying that.

Back to the order of excellent service.

Exped. I had an Exped Downmat 9 DLX I loved to bits. Suddenly, however, it developed a bulge, so I took some pictures and asked what to do, seeing as I have bought it from outside Denmark. The Danish distributor took a look at the pictures and said I'd get a new one. It was close to where I lived, so instead of shipping the thing, I simply drove over there, picked up the new one and gave them the old one, and I now have a brand new downmat. And not the old model, but the new, which is made slightly differently.

PhilAyr

Post by PhilAyr »

Oarsome wrote:
Kayaks'N'Beer wrote: Yes, but their website is out of date so it doesn't count! :D
Not to continue that discussion here, but you're making a strawman. Noone is saying that.
Your using your favourite word again Oarsome, but I think you will find that in this case Kayaks N' Beer was not trying to make a strawman. He was in fact trying to make a joke ! Well anyway it brought a smile to my face. :-)

Phil

Oarsome

Post by Oarsome »

PhilAyr wrote:
Oarsome wrote:
Your using your favourite word again Oarsome, but I think you will find that in this case Kayaks N' Beer was not trying to make a strawman. He was in fact trying to make a joke ! Well anyway it brought a smile to my face. :-)

Phil
It's not a favourite word of mine. It's a word describing a particular type of utterance.

The reason I commented is that that type of "joke" is framing the argument in question so that it is misrepresented even at a later date. The reason you found it funny, is most likely that you think there's some truth to it. And as such, mission accomplished. The thing is, it's still a misrepresentation of the argument as discussed, making it easier to attack or disregard. As such, the only description that fits is "strawman argument".

If you think I like calling out "strawman", you're sorely wrong. I find it annoying having to repeat something that should obvious to most people. If it's too often, perhaps the problem isn't me calling them out, but rather the widespread use of such pseudo argumentation.

Lord Summerisle

Post by Lord Summerisle »

I like strawmen.
Lord Summerisle.

"A heathen, conceivably, but not, I hope, an unenlightened one."

PhilAyr

Post by PhilAyr »

Lord Summerisle wrote:I like strawmen.
Brilliant !... Oh sorry no jokes allowed. ;-)

Phil

Oarsome

Post by Oarsome »

PhilAyr wrote:Oh sorry no jokes allowed. ;-)

Phil
[Disbelief]There you go again[/Disbelief]

Douglas Wilcox

Post by Douglas Wilcox »

Dear Lord Summerisle, it is so good to have you back. You have been away much too long, I for one have missed the reek of burning in the air.

Douglas :o)

Skerryvore

Post by Skerryvore »

You guy's have lost me ! What's going down :-)

Douglas Wilcox

Post by Douglas Wilcox »

Alan it's spring time. Time for a few innocent country pastimes such as a ritual burning or two.

Douglas :o)

Kayaks'N'Beer

Post by Kayaks'N'Beer »

Oops, my bad, attempt at humour. Forgot that internet is serious bizness. Won't happen again...

PhilAyr

Post by PhilAyr »

For those that still don't get it. Explanation here ..... http://www.wicker-man.com/..... Is it related to this thread ?... Nope ! ... but there a number of good paddle locations listed.

Phil