Surf Kayak shops

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
richard2

Surf Kayak shops

Post by richard2 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Sorry if this has beeen covered before... But does anyone know of any shops in the North Devon area that stock a range of surf kayaks? I'm heading from Southamptonn to Woolacombe in a couple of weeks and wouldn't mind having a look if there is somewhere on route or near by. A google search found somewhere called 'dave's kayak shop' but I didn't find any more info than the name.
Thanks,
Richard

younggun

Re: Surf Kayak shops

Post by younggun » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:18 pm

Don't think there are any shops that stock surf boats, try contacting Skern Lodge, they have a good selection of the newest Mega boats to demo - http://www.skernlodge.com/

surfkayaks.com

Post by surfkayaks.com » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:12 am

"Mega" are now based in the South West.
Stratton View Business Park in Bude, only 1/2 hr from Barnstable

Strad

Post by Strad » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 am

Dave's Surf shop is kind of in the centre of town in woolie, he normally has some plastic SoTs, proper sea kayaks and sometimes some robson boats, plus boards, SUPs and clothes. Now and then I've seen some skis and bits in there.

Nice bloke and it's just round the corner from the best pasty shop (fudge's).

His wife (girlfriend?) will try and sell you a board signed by Kelly Slater or Laird Hamilton (can't remember which) just to wind Dave up.....
Old School?? I miss my AQII..
Graham Stradling

AS Watersports

Post by AS Watersports » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:51 am

Hi,

We are not excatly in North Devon but on the way. We now have an almost full fleet of Valley Surf Kayaks for demo including:
Rush, Rush 7.2, Rush plus, Rip and Storm.
Pop in, take a look and get a demo.

Ewart

jw

Post by jw » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:14 pm

At Skern Lodge, we have 5 or 6 different demo boats from Mega Surf Kayaks which you are welcome to come and try. No cost, but we ask you to leave eg a drivers licence as a deposit. Westward Ho! beach just a mile from us, so easy to try out several boats. And Malcolm is now near Bude with the new Mega factory.
http://www.skernlodge.co.uk or and ask for John or Glyn john *at* skernlodge *dot* co.uk