Job opportunity as sea kayak guide in Norway

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
Irish Sea

Job opportunity as sea kayak guide in Norway

Post by Irish Sea »

Hi folks,

if anybody is interested to work as a kayak guide at the Hardanger Fjord in Norway in July and August this year please get in touch with me.
One of the guides scheduled for this season had to pull out due to family reasons and the boss asked me to help fill the vacancy.

You will be working in a busy outdoor activities center where your main duty will be leading shorter, 3 hour kayak excursions on the fjord. Most of them at beginner level. Solid paddling skills minimum BCU 3* / EPP L3 or equivalent experience are required as well as some experience leading groups.

Depending on the work load and your paddling skills you may get the chance to work in other paddle sports like WW and River Rafting as well.

You will also be responsible for sorting/transporting/cleaning and maintenance of the gear required for your activity as well as general tasks around the base like doing some driving for other activities, repairing gear, being in the shop etc.

You don't have to speak norwegian but fluent english is required. An additional common european language would be an advantage.

It's a stunning part of the world and this is a great opportunity to spend the summer abroad.

Please pm for further information.

Cheers,

Björn

Tedchris

Re: Job opportunity as sea kayak guide in Norway

Post by Tedchris »

Hi.can can you send me name of company'thanks and .regards Ted ..i am a sea kayak guide.

Irish Sea

Post by Irish Sea »

Sent you a pm, Ted

Tedchris

Post by Tedchris »

Thanks for that.i after contracting them..😎