Delphin footpegs

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
pugwash

Delphin footpegs

Post by pugwash »

After one of the plastic pegs slipped at an inoportune moment last week I decided to replace the plastic pegs with metal ones and purchased the only ones I could find, Werners. I was a bit surprised to find that the holes don’t line up! Has anyone fitted metal pegs to a Delphin and if so, where did you get the pegs from, or did you drill out the Werners and use a nut on the repositioned hole?

Dyllon

Re: Delphin footpegs

Post by Dyllon »

Hi,

We replaced the P+H footpegs on our club Delphin with Werner (Yakima) ones. The Werner footpegs were a direct replacement. We needed to slightly enlarge one of the holes in the hull to get the fixing screws aligned but this was marginal probably a matter of a couple of mm at most.

That said, there may be Werner and P+H footpegs with different hole pitches and we were just lucky.

Also changed the footpegs on a couple of Scorpios with no issue.

R.

pugwash

Post by pugwash »

Thanks for that, mine are only a couple of mil out as well. Out of interest, how did you seal the old hole? Think I might drill the metal rail rather than make anther hole in the hull, particularly that close to the waterline.

mickr

Post by mickr »

I found the Yakima pegs were a straight replacement, no modifications at all required!

Dyllon

Post by Dyllon »

We did not need new holes. Just elongated the original hole by a very small amount. We decided that the head of the screw and the internal soft washer supplied with the new foot pegs would provide sufficient sealing.

R.