Northern Norwegian Friend

Places, technique, kayaks, safety, the sea...
erinbastian

Northern Norwegian Friend

Post by erinbastian »

Hi folks,

I am dreaming up my next expedition and I am hoping to try and find a sea kayaker who lives in Northern Norway.

It would be great to talk with someone with local knowledge and have more idea of how logistics may work in that part of the world. What I am planning is a little different to normal trips and I would love some help or advice.

Sooo...... if you live in Northern Norway, or have a friend who lives up there, or even a friend of a friend which wouldn't mind being a source of information and contact for a future expedition. I would love to hear from you, and maybe even share a beer if I get the trip off the ground.

my email is erinbastian@hotmail.co.uk

cheers or tusen tukk

Erin

TM.

Re: Northern Norwegian Friend

Post by TM. »

Erin, I know lots of people in Tromso through my work. If you don't get any more direct replies I can ask around if anyone I know knows someone who sea kayaks. Let me know if you'd like me to do this. You can email me at t.murray at swansea.ac.uk

Tavi (I was a guinea pig on your 5* assessment).

Erling

Post by Erling »

Erin;

I see on your blog that you're based in Cornwall. I'd recommend that you get in touch with Jeff Allen of Sea Kayaking Cornwall (Falmouth). He keeps going back to Northern Norway and has lots of contacts along the coastline.

Have a nice trip -
Erling
(co-founder of Tromsø Havpadleklubb back in 1983)
The older I get, the better I used to be.

Miamaria

Post by Miamaria »

I might be able to help when it comes to the Vesterålen and Lofoten area with surroundings. Depends a bit on the questions. :)