Wanted Valley Storm

Surf Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
solentmike

Wanted Valley Storm

Post by solentmike » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi,
I am new to Kayaking and would like to get into kayak surfing. I am an accomplished windsurfer of 25 years and kitesurfer 12 years and feel that I have the necessary skills to getting on in surf kayaking. Would a Valley Storm be the right entry level kayak to purchase of am I being too ambitious?
I am looking to buy a second hand Valley Storm or Rush. Is there anyone out there thinking of selling?
I would like to take some kayak lessons, I live in South Devon 1 mile from Mothercombe beach. Can anyone recommend an instructor or school to give me one on one lessons in being safe in surf conditions.

cj

Re: Wanted Valley Storm

Post by cj » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:32 pm

http://www.ppca-canoe-club.org.uk
This is a link to the local canoe club. Surfing at Whitsands, Bantham, and Mothercombe. The valley storm is ok, but you have to be circa 75 kgs to get in to it. It has a flat leg type fit. Try a few types before you buy. The club will give you good advice. Go out with someone stay safe as always.

solentmike

Post by solentmike » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:43 pm

CJ,
Thank you for the link and advice, I will definitely contact the local canoe club at Bantham.
I weigh 80 kegs so is the storm the right kayak for my weight? I guess so from what you are saying.
Regards,
Mike

cj

Post by cj » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:54 am

The local club is Plymouth based. There is a Valley Rush composite for sale on this site near you. If you check this site, the general consensus is go for a composite. It's getting the fit right that is often the problem. Get along side some other paddlers, it will make life easier.

cj

Post by cj » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:30 pm

I will accept £350 for the boat without fins.

Plus delivery if required (but I guess you'd wanna come see it)

It's near Plymouth

cheers

Bill

No connection. This looks ideal.

Return to “Surf Kayaking Gear For Sale”