P&H Surfer MkII for sale.

Surf Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
Da Cat

P&H Surfer MkII for sale.

Post by Da Cat » Fri May 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi all,

I am selling my P&H Surfer MkII, simply because my disability now means I am spending less and less time on the water (I've paddled twice in 2014), so I need to sell some unused boats to raise money to buy a hand cranked bike. The boat is in fantastic condition, especially when you consider it is around 30-40 odd years old!

I bought it a year ago, and spent a lot of time and effort cleaning it up and making it a lot more useable than when I got it, in the hope that I'd get a lot of use out of it on some summer waves. As you can see, the deck is gleaming, though the hull reflects it's 30-ish years of launches and landings(!) and I fitted a modern longboard fin box (which is totally watertight, I've done a lot of composites work), so you can use a wide selection of fins with this boat. It comes with a used 6" centre fin, but you can buy literally hundreds of other fins if you want! I removed the old footrests, which were corroded into place, and fitted a solid plywood/glass/epoxy footplate, which I then fitted a foam block to. I think this would allow for anything from around a 33-34" leg length, but if you are around this, or a bit longer, you'd be best to come and try it. I also fitted a solid foam backrest, which you may need to shape to suit your own needs. There are some chips in the external seam, and in places the old seam gel has just peeled off, but I surfed this boat several times last year and it is completely watertight. I also have a spray deck to fit it, but it is for a 32-33" waist, maybe 34" at a push, and I am happy for that to go with the boat (if your waist size is wrong I'm sure you could get a new tube put on it for a few quid).

This photo was taken BEFORE the fin box installation was cleaned up!

I'm looking for around £200.

Cheers,

DC

Da Cat

Re: P&H Surfer MkII for sale.

Post by Da Cat » Fri May 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Da Cat

Re: P&H Surfer MkII for sale.

Post by Da Cat » Sat May 24, 2014 8:34 am

Now sold.

DC

Return to “Surf Kayaking Gear For Sale”