Wanted: P&H Capella 166

Sea Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
blindsided

Wanted: P&H Capella 166

Post by blindsided »

Hi,
I am on the look out for a P&H Capella 166, close to the North West would be great.
Thanks
thekracken

Re: Wanted: P&H Capella 166

Post by thekracken »

North West England/Scotland please?
Are you still after one?
blindsided

Post by blindsided »

Hi.
Sorry, close to North West England would be great also travel North Wales a lot and still on the look out. I am after my first Sea Kayak, so am a bit inexperienced around size, so something i can come and have a look at and a sit in would be great rather than travelling too far for something not suitable. I have had a play in the Capella and liked that and felt comfy so thats my benchmark, but open to anything else, but a decent used triple layer P&H Capella hits my budget as well.
Thanks
j
alp1ne

Post by alp1ne »

Hi I’ve got one I’m about to put up for sale, based just near Penrith if that’s any good?
blindsided

Post by blindsided »

Thanks, yes definitely interested if u can give me a nudge when u list it.
charleston14

Post by charleston14 »

There’s a plastic one on Facebook marketplace at the moment. Dolgellau area

But it’s one of the older ones with square hatches; (known for degrading hatch covers that don’t last and are discontinued).

there are other popular first sea kayak choices. Other Popular first sea kayaks are Scorpio, Etain, Delphin, dagger stratos, Virgo, north shore Atlantic RM, ..amongst others. Worth sitting in a few and trying the fit, a good fit is important as an overly loose kayak is harder to control and a too tight one will be uncomfortable,

Lots of sea kayaks come in two sizes eg delphin 150 and 155 or three volumes eg Scorpio MV, Scorpio LV and Scorpio HV (high medium and low volumes)
blindsided

Post by blindsided »

Thanks I had seen the Dolgellau Capella, would ideally like the triple layer round hatch version. There is one in Tyn y Gongl which would be perfect, but he is after £1000 which seems pretty steep, and certainly out of my budget at the mo!
I have been looking at the Scorpio MV which would be a great option, missed out on a few that went for a decent price.
North Shore Atlantic RM was another I had pencilled, but not actually sat in one.
The Virgo HV could be an option, but would be good to have a sit in as you suggest.

Thanks for the info ill keep looking!

Return to “Sea Kayaking Gear For Sale”