Wanted: Entry-Level Sea Kayak in Portsmouth Area

Sea Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
Repperz

Wanted: Entry-Level Sea Kayak in Portsmouth Area

Post by Repperz »

Hi - starting my journey down the Sea Kayaking adventure. Done a couple of rentals and some lessons, now after my own boat!

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something that would suit an entry level kayak-er. Ideally I'd be looking for twin bulkheads, spray hood, righting lines and a skeg or rudder. Condition I'm not too fussed so long as it's not close to needing repairs. My aim with the boat would mostly be longer trips in the solent - maybe a bit of Portsmouth to Isle of Wight and such. Probably wouldn't go out in anything too strong but would like something that can handle waves in winter. Fit wise I'm more or less dead on 6 foot and weigh circa 70kg.

I'm based in Gosport but can travel for the right boat. Ideally price wise I'd be looking at a budget of around £450 but some room to stretch. Alternatively if anyone else reading this has any suggestions for boats I'd be keen to hear your thoughts.

Kind regards.

John K

Re: Wanted: Entry-Level Sea Kayak in Portsmouth Area

Post by John K »

Have you been in touch with Portsmouth Canoe Club? They are very active sea kayakers and may be able to point you in the right direction.

jasonpeach

Post by jasonpeach »

I have a p&h capella 166 which I was going to list on gumtree early in New year. I'm after £600. I could email pics and description if you pm me

jasonpeach

Post by jasonpeach »

Oh sorry I'm in Chichester

The Shiner

Post by The Shiner »

Morning.
I’m Gosport based also, as previously mentioned, get in touch with Portsmouth Canoe Club, we have a range of club boats available for members to hire.
Training sessions start again in April.

Definitely try before you buy, feel free to message me if you need any help.

Rich
Repperz wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:38 pm
Hi - starting my journey down the Sea Kayaking adventure. Done a couple of rentals and some lessons, now after my own boat!

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something that would suit an entry level kayak-er. Ideally I'd be looking for twin bulkheads, spray hood, righting lines and a skeg or rudder. Condition I'm not too fussed so long as it's not close to needing repairs. My aim with the boat would mostly be longer trips in the solent - maybe a bit of Portsmouth to Isle of Wight and such. Probably wouldn't go out in anything too strong but would like something that can handle waves in winter. Fit wise I'm more or less dead on 6 foot and weigh circa 70kg.

I'm based in Gosport but can travel for the right boat. Ideally price wise I'd be looking at a budget of around £450 but some room to stretch. Alternatively if anyone else reading this has any suggestions for boats I'd be keen to hear your thoughts.

Kind regards.

Return to “Sea Kayaking Gear For Sale”