WANTED (for mid August) - Perception Essence 17

Sea Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
theBishopp

WANTED (for mid August) - Perception Essence 17

Post by theBishopp » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a sea kayak around 20th Aug (when a job finishes so funds are available). After consulting some friends and reading online (which is where I found this site), the Perception Essence 17 is the boat I would like. I *am* open to others, but I'm 6'2" and 15 stone, and intend to paddle mostly on the sea, building up to expeditions around the coast and camping out, hence the Essence 17.

I'll need the extras (spray deck, paddle etc), and if possible a trailer to tow behind my bike. Maximum budget will be £1000, so anything under that would be a awesome.

I'm located in Whitstable, Kent, and don't drive (I cycle everywhere), so if it's nearby and a trailer is included I could pick it up :) otherwise delivery would be needed.

Any and all advice/offers considered and appreciated!

theBishopp

Re: WANTED (for mid August) - Perception Essence 17

Post by theBishopp » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:28 am

Well, I got everything except a trailer to tow behind my bike (currently using an Eckla hand towed trailer).

It will be a little while til I can paddle again after breaking my wrist, but in the meantime, can anyone recommend a bike-towed kayak trailer? Or someone who could make one cheaply? I'm based in Whitstable, Kent.

Bish

jeremyduncombe14

Post by jeremyduncombe14 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:04 pm

There is an American company called Tony's Trailers, they look like excellent products but they will cost over 1,000 dollars delivered to the UK. Not aware of any UK manufacturers. If you need a cheap solution, can't you cobble up something with a kayak trolley and a bit of rope to hitch the bow of the kayak to the rear rack on your bike ? It would do for local journeys, even if not long distance.

jeremyduncombe14

Post by jeremyduncombe14 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Just checked their website, they are Canadian not US, so prices are in Canadian dollars.

Return to “Sea Kayaking Gear For Sale”