Eddyline Fathom (repaired) £650 - now sold

Sea Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
Oli_31

Eddyline Fathom (repaired) £650 - now sold

Post by Oli_31 »

Eddyline Fathom Sea kayak (standard volume)

Link to pics https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWH9A6s

Two previous owners bought by me in 2011 and hull suffered some damage in 2013 which was professionally repaired by Karitek. Seat back fitting was also broken but I’ve added some cord which does the job. Keeleasy strip fitted at the same time as the repair although this has now been removed as it was getting a bit tatty and I want to show the true condition of the boat. The repair by Karitek is excellent and probably looks worse than it is in the photos. Additional araldite repair to another small star crack in the hull – I’ve just been renewing this every few seasons with fresh araldite and it’s been absolutely fine. Pics of the damage prior to repair and the star crack (both in and out) in the link above.

Various scratches to the hull from launching and landing but the boat and bulk heads are all sound and watertight. Deck lines and elastics all renewed 2 seasons ago. One of the rubber hatches has some uv cracking around the rim but it’s been like this for some time and hasn’t got any worse – a replacement is readily available.

Deck is in excellent condition – a few light scratches from paddle storage but otherwise shiny and sound.

Genuine reason for sale – at 5’ 8” it’s always been a bit big for me and after 11 years it’s reluctantly time to replace it as I’m doing more extended trips lately. It really is a great boat, it’s light and has great stability and decent carrying capacity.

Skeg works fine and the foot pegs work perfectly. The boats been rinsed after each outing and I’ll throw in a Reed touring deck to sweeten the deal.

Yellow deck / White Hull . Constructed in Carbonlite 2000 so as light and fast as a glass fibre kayak but with the toughness of a plastic kayak.

Length: 16.5 ft. | Beam: 22 in. | Weight: 50 lbs. | Cockpit Size: 31.5″ x 16.5″

Capacity: 340 lbs. | Stability: Med.

The Fathom is a kayak from Eddyline that is sure to please the paddler looking for that extra edge of performance regardless of your skill level. The Fathom’s highly efficient hull is fast, nearly effortless to accelerate to speed, yet carries a comfortable degree of initial stability.

Given the damage I’d like £600 inc. the deck.

The boat is located in Knockando near Aberlour NE Scotland

Oli_31

Re: Eddyline Fathom (repaired) £650

Post by Oli_31 »

Kayak now sold

Return to “Sea Kayaking Gear For Sale”