WANTED - Northwater paddle britches

Sea Kayaking for sale and wanted adverts
seawolf856

WANTED - Northwater paddle britches

Post by seawolf856 »

Does anybody have an old or simply unwanted set of Northwater paddle britches lying around and wants to sell to a good home? Maybe you bought them and don't like how they work or fit on your boat, maybe you are selling all your kit and would have 'thrown then in' as part of the deal or they were a Christmas present that you have never used?
Anyway, I'm looking for some to try because I'm not sure I'm going to like them so I'm not going to buy new ones.

Mark Graham

Re: WANTED - Northwater paddle britches

Post by Mark Graham »

Sorry, you can't have mine but if it helps consider where the attachment points for your deck lines are. My own kayak has them quite widely spaced apart and I had some messing about to do to get the paddle holders to stay where I wanted them - they tended to slide away along the lines. I tried a loop of cord from each side of the holder back to another attachment point but finally sorted it when I replaced my decklines and just looped them around one of the attachment points. This seems to keep them in place fine. Other than that it's a minor faff to unclip them and fold them apart to access the front hatch but no real hassle. Mind they don't block the view of your compass if they do slide forward!

seawolf856

Post by seawolf856 »

Mark Graham wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:11 am
Sorry, you can't have mine but if it helps consider where the attachment points for your deck lines are. My own kayak has them quite widely spaced apart and I had some messing about to do to get the paddle holders to stay where I wanted them - they tended to slide away along the lines. I tried a loop of cord from each side of the holder back to another attachment point but finally sorted it when I replaced my decklines and just looped them around one of the attachment points. This seems to keep them in place fine. Other than that it's a minor faff to unclip them and fold them apart to access the front hatch but no real hassle. Mind they don't block the view of your compass if they do slide forward!
Thanks Mark, all good points for me to consider. I was hoping to fit the britches ahead of my front hatch and ahead of the last two attachment points. I've seen a set attached to a Delphin like mine but I've also heard a lot of mumblings about how awkward they can be to fit and use so thanks for the advice. I was trying my luck on here to see if anyone hated them enough to sell them off cheap!!

Chris Bolton

Post by Chris Bolton »

I tied lengths of 40mm plastic pipe to the decklines. That worked for several years. When I was happy they were in the right place, and I had time, I bolted them through the deck (composite boat) and glassed over the nuts on the underneath to remove the leak path and snag hazard.

Neal3pyr

Post by Neal3pyr »

Some advertised on Facebook market place, in Bangor, if I remember correctly!

Return to “Sea Kayaking Gear For Sale”