Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Riding the waves
Post Reply
Mini2
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:02 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Mini2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi
Does anyone know if the Persecution Blaze is any good for sea surfing ,
A friend of mine is getting his first sit in kayak and he wants to surf it at local beach ,
Both new to the sport I use a Dagger outlaw which I find quit good any thoughts on the blaze,,
Thanks

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk


User avatar
Gary F
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:15 am
Location: Lochwinnoch

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Gary F » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:52 pm

Mini2 wrote:Hi
Does anyone know if the Persecution Blaze is any good for sea surfing ,
A friend of mine is getting his first sit in kayak and he wants to surf it at local beach ,
Both new to the sport I use a Dagger outlaw which I find quit good any thoughts on the blaze,,
Thanks

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk
I used to surf one and in short, no. Don't get me wrong, it's bouncy fun but, as a surf craft, it's way too short and the hard rocker break makes it slow. You'll do a lot better with an older school playboat (think longer, good edges, no rocker break).... Wavesport XXX, Necky Jive or similar shaped boats. Pick them up dirt cheap too

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


Mini2
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:02 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Mini2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:31 pm

Thanks for reply really helpful

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk


Mini2
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:02 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Mini2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:01 pm

Different type of boat but what are the cross overs such as the pyranha fusion like in the surf?

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk


User avatar
Gary F
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:15 am
Location: Lochwinnoch

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Gary F » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:06 pm

Mini2 wrote:Different type of boat but what are the cross overs such as the pyranha fusion like in the surf?

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk
Too high volume. You'll spend half your life sideways!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk


Mini2
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:02 pm
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Mini2 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks

Sent from my P00C using Tapatalk


Lam
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Lam » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:37 pm

Thanks guys. Mini2 was asking for me. Went for the necky jive found one really cheap. Thanks for the suggestions Gary.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Gary F
Posts: 522
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:15 am
Location: Lochwinnoch

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Gary F » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:52 am

Great choice! You'll love it (and it'll hopefully lead you to a "real" surf boat eventually... Then you will fly!)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk



User avatar
StoneWeasel
Posts: 4418
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:46 pm
Location: Cornwall

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by StoneWeasel » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:58 am

Lam wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:37 pm
Thanks guys. Mini2 was asking for me. Went for the necky jive found one really cheap. Thanks for the suggestions Gary. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent choice!

In my opinion the Jive has the best surf hull of any whitewater boat ever made.

The only thing that surfs better than a Jive is a surf boat.

Lam
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Lam » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:34 pm

Cheers guys looking forward to taking it out


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nasty Nick
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Nasty Nick » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:41 am

There was a really nice condition red/yellow Jive on Facebook Marketplace a couple of weeks ago, £125 in Port Talbot. Nearly agree with Stoneweasel as I had a Jive and surfed it regularly, I always thought the Rip looked even better though, longer, slightly narrower and even more old school rare.

Lam
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Lam » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:14 pm

Nasty Nick wrote:There was a really nice condition red/yellow Jive on Facebook Marketplace a couple of weeks ago, £125 in Port Talbot. Nearly agree with Stoneweasel as I had a Jive and surfed it regularly, I always thought the Rip looked even better though, longer, slightly narrower and even more old school rare.
That's the one I bought, handy for me he was a couple of streets from my house. He's got 4 more so might get another couple for my daughters.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lam
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Re: Perception Blaze an good for surfing

Post by Lam » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:40 pm

Nasty Nick wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:41 am
There was a really nice condition red/yellow Jive on Facebook Marketplace a couple of weeks ago, £125 in Port Talbot. Nearly agree with Stoneweasel as I had a Jive and surfed it regularly, I always thought the Rip looked even better though, longer, slightly narrower and even more old school rare.
That's the one I bought. He's got a few there so might get a couple more for my daughter's. Was lucky it was down the road from my house.

Post Reply