A couple of daft question?

Riding the waves
yabbadabba

A couple of daft question?

Post by yabbadabba »

Finally managed to have a good look at the Mega Intruder today, well pleased with it and fit in nicely.

I noticed two bolts on each side of the kayak, on the isnide of the kayak where the bolts are is a little strap hoop, whats this for?

On inspection it appears the seat has been cut down on the back and repositioned further backwards, whats the best way of finding out the best position for the seat for myself?

Jim Tait

Re: A couple of daft question?

Post by Jim Tait »

the loops - where are they?it could befor a lap belt or fixings for a back strap?

If the seat feels comfy(ish) and you're not having to paddle like you're doing a crunch, then its in the right place...... Maybe get a frend to take a photo and check your trim?

Don't start fiddling with things - you'll never know when to stop!

Jim

yabbadabba

Post by yabbadabba »

The loops are roughly level with the middle of my thighs, didnt think about a back brace, was wondering if they were some form of suicide strap :-)

Daker

Post by Daker »

Yep, sounds like some DIY lap-strap fitting of sorts to me.

Re the seat, unless you feel you are sitting tail heavy / getting looped backwards when paddling out over small waves, then its probably fine.
If you are getting this (other than attributable to inexperience !) it may be worth experimenting with nudging the seat forward an inch or two.