Mega foam foot blocks

Riding the waves
kayak1

Mega foam foot blocks

Post by kayak1 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi
Just got hold of a mega Phantom surf boat with triangular shaped foam foot blocks, Three sizes, but the largest ones are still a long way from my feet when put down the front end, unless I'm doing something wrong in the fitting part..Or do I just glue them to the middle foam pillar and the hull, and a little from the deck with no support from behind them..as I expect there to be a fair bit of pressure to be on them when in use..Do I use all the foam together! any help would be greatly received. Thanks

Colin C

Re: Mega foam foot blocks

Post by Colin C » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Start at the front of the boat and build the blocks up till they are the required distance away from you. You are right to say that there will be a fair amount of pressure on them so make sure the space in front of them is occupied. If they are still too far away once all used, then you need to get more foam and build it up further. I did not sue any glue, the pressure of jamming them in has been enough to keep them in place. Take your time and try to keep them square, that worked for me.

kayak1

Post by kayak1 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Cheers for that Colin, may glue in at least the first lot of blocks...Thanks

Daker

Post by Daker » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:41 pm

One small addition to this which worked for me -
If you find the blocks tend to come out but you don't want to glue them in - gluing them to one-another (but not the boat) or just tying them together with thin cord, will often help keep them in place. Obviously they all have to come out or none at all so the extra friction makes a big difference.

kayak1

Post by kayak1 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Hi, Yes I did Glue them in..I didn't want nothing to come loose when using the boat and I'm quite tall for it as well, so can't see any need to have them removable anyway. Pity the deck height wasn't a tad higher where your feet go, as it would make the boat a lot more comfortable when in it for some time...Thanks..

TechnoEngineer

Post by TechnoEngineer » Wed May 04, 2016 9:16 am

You can hack out a small part of the centre pillar with a drywall saw and craft knife or to give your heels some room. Obviously be *very* careful when doing this to not scratch the hull.
XL-Burn-3 / Monstar / Kodiak / My Videos

StoneWeasel

Post by StoneWeasel » Wed May 04, 2016 3:15 pm

TechnoEngineer wrote:You can hack out a small part of the centre pillar with a drywall saw and craft knife or to give your heels some room. Obviously be *very* careful when doing this to not scratch the hull.
I always do this without fail. It is amazing how much more comfortable it makes your boat. It makes considerably more difference than you would expect.

Denzil

kayak1

Post by kayak1 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:46 pm

Good Idea..May try that