riot fins

Riding the waves
harry.fettes

riot fins

Post by harry.fettes » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:03 pm

I have a Riot Air 55. It came with a couple of small (very small) rubber fins. Are there any other fin options. It has 4 fin boxes so someone must have experimented.

MattR01

Re: riot fins

Post by MattR01 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:16 am

Only the small fins it came with, i bought another pair when i had my Flair and run it quad set up, gave a bit more go forward drive but was still fairly loose

cj

Post by cj » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:16 pm

I used to own a riot flair. There are 3 sets. Small rubber, 1 inch plastic, and 2 inch plastic. You normally use one set, put forward or back, according to how you want a to turn. If you use all 4 slots, it's a bit too much. For normal play work, no fins. In the river only use the rubber ones. They shear off easily.

kayak1

Post by kayak1 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:31 pm

I have a riot flair, Mainly used in the surf..I use 4 small Rubber fins..This gives extra grip when hard carving but enough to be loose for flat spins..and helps when surfing backwards. I have used the plastic type but over time they snapped.. and experimented with the larger ones which broke in a short time. The small rubber ones are best as you don't have to be concerned about them breaking, but they are getting rare to get hold of now..

Chris C

Post by Chris C » Sun May 15, 2016 5:53 pm

I used to use the 2" red fins in a quad set up in my Tekno carved amazingly yet would still flat spin easily, the rubber fins were good for rocky rivers tho. White Water Consultancy have both sizes available if you need some new ones