HP surf kayak.

Riding the waves
Leorios

HP surf kayak.

Post by Leorios » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:44 am

I want to buy a HP surf kayak my weight is 180 pounds and my height in 170. What would be a good and confort kayak for someone like me?

Thanks.

WaterBornSurfer

Re: HP surf kayak.

Post by WaterBornSurfer » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:09 am

It depends.

What surf will you mostly be taking it out in? Do you want a boat that will make you progress quickly but be a struggle, or a boat you can jump in, and ease into the world of surf kayaking.

Will you be buying from new or second hand?

Do you care more for weight and performance, or durability? (for which spec)

snigvan

Post by snigvan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:41 pm

Please consider the post above by waterbornsurfer then consider my neutron RV superlite in the main surf forum & link in surf sales.

Leorios

Post by Leorios » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:50 am

WaterBornSurfer wrote:It depends.

What surf will you mostly be taking it out in? Do you want a boat that will make you progress quickly but be a struggle, or a boat you can jump in, and ease into the world of surf kayaking.

Will you be buying from new or second hand?

Do you care more for weight and performance, or durability? (for which spec)
There are diferents spec, but more importan could be a boat for all waves conditions, easy for paddle out, weight, confort and durability I would like a new but second hand is ok. Where I am is hard to get a surf kayak. I used in the past a Ufo Vanquish but it don't have to much room for my foots.

bossingit

Post by bossingit » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Speak to Chris or Tim at ride mate..great boats and second to none service!!!

Colin C

Post by Colin C » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:07 pm

I am not an expert and relative newcomer to this but when I asked the same question I was advised to try a Mega Bullit S and Mega now have the Banshee as well which is said to have all the good points regarding ease of paddling rolling etc of the Bullit S and be better on the wave, you can of course get it built to any spec you want.

Colin